140mph on the dash??????????

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah i have that ridiculous 200 mph gauge. But my car did come with 3.08 gears back in 99. It was done back then to help mileage and top end, to make the saleen look "more special". Since all have the 3.55 option that mine has. Apparently on the right day my 99, with the 3.08, coulda seen 160.

On the actual topic, does ford realize that this winter tire demographic makes up maybe 25% of the stang buyers. So what they are saying is they are gonna make the factory tires suck for 75% of the buyers. Sounds smart to me. Just wait a few months till those nice 18's come out with the 255's.

TrueBlueCajun said:
You people crack me up. :rlaugh: Y'all complaining about a 140mph speedometer that most won't even attempt to reach. Thank God you people don't have Saleens that have 200mph speedometers. Yeah, like a Saleen S-281 will EVER go 200mph. :D Be happy you can change the color of the speedometer to whatever you like. I've hit 150mph in my '02 GT twice in 2 years. Both times to prove a point to people. I was on Alligator Alley going to Miami and no one was in front or behind me and my passenger agreed to going that speed for a split second. I got in the center of the road and once I reached 150 I shut her back down to 85. Other than that, I think I went over 100mph less than 10 times in 2 years. Yes, the GT can go 150, but I don't recommend going that speed...........too often. :D

Yeah that's what I did the two times I went ~100+. One time I went exactly 100 and slowed down to 80, the other time I went 110 and slowed down to 80.