17" Pony R

I cured the clearance issue by using the longer studs, which allowed for the 1/2” spacer, and Bilstein quad shocks which are much narrower than stock. It’s VERY close to my exhaust, but it fits with 315/35/17’s.
Not to OT this, but is this how most dual exhausts fit? Beautiful car......

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure, because with the cobra rear bumper on my car I am running an LX exhaust. I’m not sure the piping for a GT exhaust is bent the exact same way. I would think not based on how they exit the car is totally different

Not sure, because with the cobra rear bumper on my car I am running an LX exhaust. I’m not sure the piping for a GT exhaust is bent the exact same way. I would think not based on how they exit the car is totally different
To add to this do any fox body rear bumpers have " indentations" for the exhaust pipes?

Keep in mind those wheels, and others so labeled, have nothing to do with being "original equipment" or even made by any kind of "original equipment manufacturer". That's just wordplay to make the unsuspecting think so. They are very similar in design to Cobra R rims, but are manufactured by a company that named themselves "OE Wheels LLC". That way any wheels they make that are similar in look (by design) to a factory wheel can be labeled as "OE", which is actually just referencing the brand.

There is even a paragraph where they say multiple times they are not affiliated with Ford, Ford's products or any of their companies.

I'm not saying it isn't a quality product - I have no idea on that - just don't be mislead by the OE designation.

The weight raises a question for me though. They're listed there at 31 lbs. Seemed heavy to me, so I looked at LMR's Cobra R style wheel, and their's are listed at 23 lbs for the same 17x9 size. That's a pretty big difference for what appear to be very similar rims. :shrug:

To add to this do any fox body rear bumpers have " indentations" for the exhaust pipes?

The 93 cobra bumper kinda does

1653070012954.png

Keep in mind those wheels, and others so labeled, have nothing to do with being "original equipment" or even made by any kind of "original equipment manufacturer". That's just wordplay to make the unsuspecting think so. They are very similar in design to Cobra R rims, but are manufactured by a company that named themselves "OE Wheels LLC". That way any wheels they make that are similar in look (by design) to a factory wheel can be labeled as "OE", which is actually just referencing the brand.

There is even a paragraph where they say multiple times they are not affiliated with Ford, Ford's products or any of their companies.

I'm not saying it isn't a quality product - I have no idea on that - just don't be mislead by the OE designation.

The weight raises a question for me though. They're listed there at 31 lbs. Seemed heavy to me, so I looked at LMR's Cobra R style wheel, and their's are listed at 23 lbs for the same 17x9 size. That's a pretty big difference for what appear to be very similar rims. :shrug:

I know they're not OEM. I thought OE had ceased to exist or stopped making wheels. That's why I mentioned it. Also, LMR weighs the actual wheels, while Amazon weighs the entire package. Amazon is always way off on weights on all products because of that. You'd be surprised how much all of that cardboard and packing weighs when totaled up.

Reactions: 1 user