18's on a lowered Mustang

After my last Mustang was totaled, I'm trying to basically make my new one like my old one... I was looking on American Muscle for the 1995 Cobra R wheels like my old one had though, and the 17's are on sale pretty cheap so I was thinking about going with 17's instead of 16's like my old one had. Then I got to looking at pictures, though, and thought the 18's looked better than the 17's. So now I'm kind of trying to decide between 17 and 18 inch wheels, but wanted to make sure they're not going to be rubbing or anything... My old one was lowered and I'm planning on lowering this one too with the Eibach lowering springs from American Muscle(Says 1.3" front, 1.4" rear). Does anyone here know for sure whether or not I'll be ok with 18's and those lowering springs? I think it would be fine, but just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Oops, forgot to mention it's an 03... Was thinking I titled it lowered 03, not lowered Mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys... I still haven't decided for sure. 17's would save me about $400. Also I realized today that the two pictures that really sold me on 18's were of a lowered Mustang with 18's and a stock Mustang with 17's so it made the 18's look way better... Not sure which way I'm gonna go, but I'm kinda leaning towards 17's now that I realized that.

Thanks guys... I still haven't decided for sure. 17's would save me about $400. Also I realized today that the two pictures that really sold me on 18's were of a lowered Mustang with 18's and a stock Mustang with 17's so it made the 18's look way better... Not sure which way I'm gonna go, but I'm kinda leaning towards 17's now that I realized that.

Im confused about that post... So you are sold on 18s but you are going to get 17's?:scratch:

I believe he is saying he did like the 18s better, only because the car was lowered. Now that he realizes this, he is wanting 17s again.

Although if you look at his other post, he is planning on lowering his Mustang. :scratch:

I was sold on the 18's, but then in most of the pictures I can hardly tell a difference and then I realized that the two pictures where the 18's looked way better were of 18's on a lowered Mustang and 17's on one that wasn't lowered... I think being lowered just made the 18's look way better when it really wouldn't have been much of a difference if they were both lowered.

Here are the ones that really got me wanting 18's, but like I said I think the one with 18's being lowered might have just made them look a lot better. If they were both lowered I think the one with 17's would look just as good or just about.

17's:

9436-17x9-foxbody-style-cobra-r-wheels-silver.jpg

18's:

35287-chrome-95cobra-18x9-9404.jpg

I don't know though... Looking through the pictures on my computer I'm kind of starting to lean towards 18's again. I think it's just kinda harder to tell the difference on my phone than on my computer. I don't know haha :chin The $400 difference sucks, but it's not like I'm gonna give a damn about that years down the road.

I have an 02 GT convertible with 18" staggered saleens and an eibach pro kit w/ poly isolators. If I had to do it again I would go without the iso's.

My old one was lowered when I bought it and I'm not sure what exactly it all was, but I've heard people say they've had problems with noise without the isolators so I was going to get them, why would you go without them? A little lower?

You're right; of those two pictures, the lowered one looks better.

I've been contemplating 17s or 18s over and over as well. Another factor besides cost (of rims and tires), is weight.

That's how my car looked with 17's lowered. Didn't fill it out like the 18's do now.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331608904.832343.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331608904.832343.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 284
Do you have a pic with the 18's? I'd love to compare the sizes on the same car.

I just got them put on so i need to take a pic but i will tmw and post it up. The one above is from a pretty nice camera and the new one will be my iPhone but you can still compare the 2.

17x8 wheels with 275 35 all around in the first pic
18x9 and 18x10 with 275 35 and 285 40 on the new setup

18's

Damn looking at that picture I need new springs in the rear... Always had a raked look but now it's more noticeable

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331650197.068191.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331650197.068191.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 303