1964 1/2 Mustang with no radio,wiring or speakers. where do i start???

Like the title says i have a 1964 1/2 mustang that had no radio, wiring, nor speakers when i purchased it. I dont know much about it besided the visible butchering job done to fit a modern radio. =/

I was just wondering if some of u guys knew where i could start?

main power source? source for the radios memory etc?

• Sponsors (?)

64 1/2 radio

First, is to repair the dash. You might want to consider this repair plate on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The 64 1/2 through 66 radios that will fit the stock opening are AM only, and not stereo. Your reception and number of available radio stations will necessarily be limited because of that.

The (one) required speaker mounts under the defroster grille on top of the dash directly above the radio. You will need a shorty phillips screwdriver to remove it (the grille) so you can install the speaker.

A mustang wiring diagram will show where to hook up the power and ground wires from the radio.

If you decide that you want a more modern radio, there are several aftermarket radios available that will fit in the stock opening. You can find most of them on eBay.