1965 mustang brake / clutch pedal support compatibility.

rufusbooth

Jan 16, 2003
Manteca, CA
Hey Everyone!

From what I can remember, and it looks like the searches that I did on the forum seem to agree, the clutch / brake pedal support is the same for both manual and auto trans cars. Basically I should be able to pick up a manual brake and clutch pedal and install them in my auto support. Correct? Just looking for some conformation.

BTW. Doing a t-5 swap on an auto.

Cheers,

Rufus

• Sponsors (?)

I just did this installation - automatic to manual pedal conversion on a '65. I wound up putting the pedal support bracket in as well as the pedals because the support bracket had the stops installed for the clutch pedal (and the hook for the return spring if you're planning to use it). The pedal stop and spring hook could both be transferred over from an old bracket and installed under the dash on your existing bracket, but in the end it was just easier to transfer the entire assembly over. It's not as difficult as it might seem from looking at it - just drop the steering column, take out four bolts from the master cylinder end, and two bolts from the opposite end, a little wiggling and out she comes.

Hope that helps.

Rufus:

All you have to do for the pedal change is to replace the auto pedal with the
clutch and brake pedal pair. I have performed this many times on various Falcons which are the same. Also, if you want to sell that auto pedal, I would be interested as I have a 65 which someone converted over to a C4.