1969 Mach I: value?

Folly77

Jun 10, 2005
Virginia
Hi there, sorry to intrude on your forum (and for the length of this post), but I just found out my uncle is thinking about selling his 69 Mach I. :( He's had it for over 25 years and has been in the process of restoring it all that time. But now he's out of work and sort of desperate for cash. We are trying to talk him out of selling. If he does sell, I'm worried he's going to give it away for much less than it's worth. He doesn't have a computer and doesn't really know the market. So I was hoping to hear from you folks who know the market better for a range of value, so I can let him know. I checked Ebay but there haven't been many 69 Machs I's sold lately.

I haven't seen the car in years (except in pictures) but I think it's numbers matching. It has a 351 but I'm not sure what engine code. Motor has recently been rebuilt. Not sure on the mileage, but it's been mostly in peices as long as my uncle has owned it so I imagine the mileage isn't too high. Some of the sheetmetal has been replaced. Now it's pretty much put back together. Primered and ready for paint. Lots of new parts, including interior parts. Everything's there, just needs interior assembly.

Sorry this isn't a lot of information to go by but if I could just get a broad range of value that would help, from basically a shell to nicely restored driver. Then at least he'll know what the minimum value is. A few of us family members don't want him to sell (and we may float him a loan to prevent it) but if he does sell we want him to get a fair price. I'd buy it myself to keep it in the family but I don't think I could afford to give him what it's truly worth.

I found a picture. It's not a good one.

View attachment 491004

Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

The final price depends greatly on the true condition of the car (chassis, mechanicals, parts available). Final paint is not as critical, since it is already a work in Progress.

Biggest factors are the car's original equipment (engine, interor, paint color, options, etc.) Pricing is all over the map, from projects ot pristine cars. My guess is only in the mid to upper thousands, depending if the car is running or not. Check the HEMMINGS Site (www.hemmings.com) and look for price guides.

First, I feel for your uncle and hope he can finish and keep the car.Your family's concern for him should be a source of pride to you and and emotional island for him.Now keep checking here as the really knowledgable will surely respond.Quick answer to your question if your description is accurate.12-15k.That is also from my feeling as I look at the picture. The cars straightness and the surrounding clues lead me to believe he has probably done a solid restoration. There are items missing that make me wonder if they are simply not on the car yet or the car did not have those options.Spring is coming when values go up. If you can avoid the "have to sell" position you will get your price.In my view your position requires an appraiser you can trust to decode the car,check the restoration as it stands and ask your uncle the history questions.It could be an exotic coded car and that could mean thousands for your uncle.You know better what the car means to him and that carries its own value.You can get a free appraisal from "NADA GUIDES" online but your input must be accurate and the quotes seem high unless you have two parties that really want the car. Best of luck.