• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

1969 MACH INTERIOR PANELS??

  • Thread starter Thread starter mavtricks71
  • Start date Start date Dec 29, 2004
M

mavtricks71

New Member
Aug 24, 2004
45
0
0
Dec 29, 2004
#1
  • Dec 29, 2004
  • #1
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY MAKE REPRODUCTION REAR INTERIOR PANELS...THANKS
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 29, 2004
#2
  • Dec 29, 2004
  • #2
I believe they do. Get a National Parts Depot catalog or a Mustangs Unlimited catalog, or better yet, use their websites.
 

69 302/351c

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
1,147
0
36
Walkertown NC, originally Western Mass
Dec 29, 2004
#3
  • Dec 29, 2004
  • #3
There is a place in South Carolina that rebuilds/recovers 69 door panels.

Gene Painter 1-864-297-0342 in Simpsonville SC

He did my front and rears (blue) about six years ago and did a super job.
 

Timmy

Founding Member
May 17, 2002
315
0
0
Conway, Arkansas
Dec 29, 2004
#4
  • Dec 29, 2004
  • #4
Are you talking about the Q pannel trim panels that hold the Q panel light?

If so, yes they are available through NPD. I got a set last winter and was not too thrilled with them. The panels were paper board and didn’t fit my car too well. I have to enlarge the hole for the Q panel light and trim the bottom of the panel. It was not easy to cut the paper board and not cut the covering.

Once I got them trimmed, I noticed the mounting clip was in the wrong spot and would not line up. I ended up gluing the ones from my old panels on and it fit just fine.

Now for the bad part. The panels looked great till summer hit. The heat cause the glue to release from the paper board backing in some spots. The reason for this (I think) is the paper board is flat but when you mount it, it’s curved so the covering released. It’s not that bad and looks tones better than what I had.

You may have better luck, just passing on what happen to me.

Tim
 
M

mavtricks71

New Member
Aug 24, 2004
45
0
0
Dec 29, 2004
#5
  • Dec 29, 2004
  • #5
Timmy said:
Are you talking about the Q pannel trim panels that hold the Q panel light?

If so, yes they are available through NPD. I got a set last winter and was not too thrilled with them. The panels were paper board and didn’t fit my car too well. I have to enlarge the hole for the Q panel light and trim the bottom of the panel. It was not easy to cut the paper board and not cut the covering.

Once I got them trimmed, I noticed the mounting clip was in the wrong spot and would not line up. I ended up gluing the ones from my old panels on and it fit just fine.

Now for the bad part. The panels looked great till summer hit. The heat cause the glue to release from the paper board backing in some spots. The reason for this (I think) is the paper board is flat but when you mount it, it’s curved so the covering released. It’s not that bad and looks tones better than what I had.

You may have better luck, just passing on what happen to me.

Tim
Click to expand...
YOU KNOW IT JUST AMAZES ME THAT THESE COMPANYS CANT MAKE AN EXACT NICE OEM PART, LOTTA AFTERMARKET PARTS ARE JUST JUNK,
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
143
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
67 mustang interior courtesy light wiring
  • JCuster
  • Jun 9, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
149
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
GypsyR
G
J
WTB Help!!! Need to find interior rear quarter panels - gray for a 1990 Mustang GT hatch
  • Jtlyle78
  • Jan 17, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
1
Views
260
Want to Buy Jan 22, 2026
KRUISR
T
1969 Cobra Jet
  • Torino70
  • Sep 17, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
213
The Welcome Wagon Sep 17, 2025
nickyb
C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?