1969 Mustang Clutch Pedal set questions

saveferris

Sep 22, 2002
I have a 69 convertible which I am upgrading from a FMX to a T5. I need to purchase a clutch pedal set. My questions are:

1. Is there a aftermarket kit out there or do I need to purchase a refurbished original?
2. I am upgrading to power disc brakes at the same time and my car is currently a 4 drum non-power car, so does it matter what clutch pedal kit I get? I have seen them on e-bay for disc and drum brake cars.
3. If there is a kit out there or if I need to buy an original, other than E-bay, can you all recommend a good place to look to buy one?

Thank you very much in advance for your help. My parts are all here and this is the last piece of the puzzle I need to get it in the door for the work to begin.

• Sponsors (?)

You can buy the power brake, manual transmission brake pedal new from most Mustang vendors. The clutch pedal is the hard one to get and as I understand is only available used. You can reuse your original pedal support as they are the same. There is a small bolt on braket and spring that go with the clutch pedal that you will need.

When I did the conversion, the used manual trans pedal support I had was shot. So I used my original automatic support because it was in great shape. This was long before the fancy pedal support bearing kits which you may want to use because even though my support was in great shape it only lasted about 4 years before the aluminum pieces wore out. And I had put in new plastic bushings, lubed it up, and tried to take good care of it!