1970 Mach 1 Brake Problems

Svtsooner

Aug 2, 2017
restoring a 1970 Mach from ground up, has power disc brakes with everything replaced, including all lines,booster, rebuilt master cyl, booster, rotors, pads, wheel cyl, drums, and calipers. Problem is im reciieving very little brake pedal resistance during bleeding pedal goes all the way to the floor no matter how many times I bleed it, bleeding is all fluid and the calipers do move but still No pedal, have tried two master cylinders both were bench bleed both act exactly the same, have made sure front calipers are correctly installed in their right and left positions, I'm stuck! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of rear calipers are you running? How much gap do you have between your pads and rotors sitting static?
If you have rear calipers with built in parking brake depending on brand/type will have a big gap between the pads and rotors and will retract to full open after releasing the pedal. This results in too much travel for the piston to get good contact on the rotors which means too much pedal travel. If this is the case then there are procedures to close this gap. Using a GM rear caliper with parking brake will sometimes cause this issue until pads are properly adjusted.

Yes sure did, I'm honestly leaning on the runuikt master being bad, bought some block off plugs today and going to remove brake lines form master, try to isolate the problem

That is the way to go. It will isolate the MC to a single circuit and that cuts down on the components you have to troubleshoot. The other thing to look at is to make sure that your petal push rod is adjusted properly. If it is too short, you will get soft/long pedal travel.