1971-1973 mustang builds

• Sponsors (?)

Im sure you could use a variety of pin styles they even have flush mount ones but you are correct no hinges or latches used at all, pinned at all corners for the race weight hood.

View attachment 62262

View attachment 62264

Here are a couple pics of My 73 Coupe 71 front end. Build in progress. Ive had it 10 years now, bought it when I was 12 for $600 running with an extra set of tires. Have done extensive work so far.

Rebuilt 351C 2V
600 cfm edelbrock
edelbrock performer intake
forged pistons 8.83:1 compression
Comp cam extreme energy cam
C6 with B&M shift kit and 2400 stall
9" rear 3.50 gears
new 2.5" exhaust with cutouts

New quarterpanels
Viper silver paint (was brown with vinyl top)
black interior (was white and faded)

Many plans for near future, wheels, some aluminum interior panels, fuel cell, fiberglass fenders and hood or front clip....going for a prostreet coupe.

usbody has them for 690 for heavyduty(stock hinges and latch use) or 450 for race weight(held by hood pins)

I've got one of the race weight hoods on my 73. I actually rigged up a frame for the hood that I could attach my stock hinges to with lighter springs from the hardware store. Works like a charm.

That light weight hood gets to flexing and flapping a bit when their is a strong crosswind. Hopefully my rigged up frame will ensure it all stays in one piece for years to come.

Well i got my '73 when i was 18 back in '03. It was my mom and dads DD when i was a kid back in the 80's early 90's. Car was parked in 97 and left for dead due to a bunch of problems. I started working on it and have made it my projexct these past couple years. it has seen 3 motors since ive had it, and been in one accident. been painted twice, niether of the jobs was i happy with.

getting it driveable was priortiy #1. did a rebuild on the holley 2v and that got her started. when she started to finally crap out i did a rebuild that included rv cam and holley 600, aluminum intake, and E7 heads. engine threw a rod and had it redone.

Had the pastor of my church who does upholstery do the interior but did shotty work mainly cause he doesnt do auto uphosltery so it was very basic but looks ok. only paid 80 bucks.

Did the floor pans earlier this year and new carpet. looks alot nicer.

last year i put on some aftermarket wheels made to fit, no spacer used on my car. also did the pwer disk brake conversion up front.

Currently i just did the FAST EZ EFi conversion and am in the process of doing a built AOD swap with lentech valvebody all red eagle clutches, 2500 rpm stall.

Im still locating a 9" rear that i want to do with powertraxx unit and 3.73 gears to make full use of having the AOD.

AFR 185 heads are in the plans just incase i decide to go 347 stroker. MSD iginition is also one of my plans. also suspension mods! gonna lower her down in front and back, 5 leafs should work well along with performance shocks. I wish i could do coil overs.

and of course i gotta have A/C, i live in TEXAS!

heres a vid i shot last year. here i still dont have the efi, i had just don the wheels and tires. When it comes to buy tires again im definetly going with more meat in the back.

That's pretty and sounds awesome. Your in Texas, me too, and you're in San Antonio. I wonder if we might get together sometime and compare notes.

My wife says we can drive the car down to Fredricksberg for her friend's wedding. I wonder if I could talk her into making the short hop to San Antonio???

I really want to try and talk her into letting me take the stang for a drive along the famed Twisted Sisters Texas Motorcycle Roads & Routes - Twisted Sisters | OpenRoadJourney.com

How's y'alls steering? Mine has a bit of slop sadly.

Thanks jikelly, ive put alot of work and money into her, im glad you like it. She nowhere near done though. LOL, are we really ever? When are you coming down to Frederickburg? My goal is to get my baby down to the coast for mustangfest when it rolls around again. that crusie i believe starts up in dallas, to San Antonio and ends up in corpus/port a.