1971 Mach1 Restomod

• Sponsors (?)

Hi thanks for asking, it’s going great. I have recently acquired a March serpentine pulley system for it and many other parts. Soon the car goes to Final Round Performance, FRP in short, for wiring and finishing touches to get it running by the end of the year. I have decided to go with Ford Powertrain Applications headers. They’re a little smaller in size but a lot more street friendly. I called to talk to them and they were very friendly and knowledgeable about this car which is very hard to find haha.

Thank you, I probably would if I could find the trim. I’ve never seen one in person so Im not sure if it would look good? It’s so hard to find parts for these cars I usually pick up stuff here and there when I find it but I have never seen any full vinyl cars. I did score the trim off of a half vinyl top 73 fastback. It’s perfect but im not going to put it on.

Nice project! I too, like the 71-73's. I had a 71 429 SCJ drag pack car when I was a kid. Have always wished I'd kept it. I am in the process of restoring a 71 mach 1 now, trying to relive my youth.
My question is, do you still have the 1/2 top chrome from the 73, and would you be willing to sell it?
Thanks, and best of luck to you with your great Mach 1.

Tony

Pictures!!! I like the fact I joined later and I got to read all the projects all the way through without having to wait for each update. Some like yours is in the process and I wait to see the updates for some really neat stuff.