Electrical 1973 Neutral Safety Switch

Does anyone know if the C4 and C6 neutral safety switches are physically interchangeable? Friends car I'm working on appears to have a C4 transmission( bolt-on bell housing and 11 pan bolts). It has both a 4 pin and a 2 pin connector on wiring harness to neutral safety switch. The C4 switches I see listed at various sites only have a 4 pin connector but the C6 switches have a 4 pin & a 2 pin.

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on the year of the switch and the year of the harness. Early c4 and c6 use the same one then the c6 wiring changed after 69 I think?
I'm assuming you already have a switch that you want to make work? these also operate the backup lights.
If you're good with a multimeter then you can also figure out the plugs and wire any of them to work. The only thing I don't know about is if the bolt pattern is the same on all of them.

Thanks for the reply. I was out of town for a while but while I was gone friend got a used switch but it was intermittent on back up light circuit. Having a second switch which could also start the car meant I could afford to ruin first switch which was completely open circuit for back up lights. Drilled it apart to find out how it worked and was able to repair it and screw it back together. Now it works great.