1977 Mustang Ghia Stereo replacement

Someone in here has to have replaced their old stereo? Mine came with the old AM stereo and i want to replace it, and after a morning of crawling around i couldnt find an easy way to remove the stereo? A couple google searches indicate ill have to pull the whole dash board apart, please tell me this aint so. My 78 Ford truck had all the room in the world and i was hoping it would be that easy too.

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need to pull the dash apart at all, but it will be tight working on the removal/install. It's basically the same as removing from the truck, they are held in with nuts over the switch/dial cylinders. It's been forever since I've messed with one, there may be something along the bottom or back to help support it, but I can't remember. Remove it from the back side and reinstall in reverse order. It's not that hard really, just cramped.

Same story here - I'm 6 foot as well and I felt like I had to be a contortionist to be able to lie on my back and do everything needed to do the switch. That was the worst part of it all! :)