1979 mustang GT makeover

• Sponsors (?)

It's great to see some real 4 eye lovers and supporters around.

the early cars are getting so popular now, that if you were to change over that front end, you would get people talking trash on you everywhere you go. Ultimately it's your car, but do us a favor, wait a full year, and look at all the four eyed front ends you see. They are simply the meanest looking fox's around. Your 79 is so different than the newer aero mustangs, that It is great to have something "TRULY" different than all the other mustang owners.

THat cowl hood on there right now is pretty mean. If you want to finish the look, I'd go with the pace car air damn too, to finish off the look of that front end. The problem is, imo, is that that faded red does no good to show off that front end. polish it up, or go with say the cowl hood part blacked out. it will really bring out the front end.

For the rears, going with the 83-86 tails, or even the 87-93 ones is not a big deal. you may have to modify to fit them a little on a 79. I'd wait on that too, till you make a final decision. This car WILL grow on you big time!!!

come on over to foureyedpride.com forums, and look at all the beautful four eyed stangs over there, you'll fall in love!!

p.s. you can sell the 90 gt kit for good cash to help with the 79 restoration.

Pacecars are the BADDEST Fox Mustangs, hands down. They were the first true badass fox 'stangs, and they definately helped to carry their popularity along for the 15 year Fox legacy.

Back to the topic, it's your car man, butcher it if you like. I can't possibly give you an unbiased opinion about whether i'd like it or not, so i'll save you another flaming. It's basically straight forward as listed here and there above in this post.

Just remember, that aero nose isnt going to make your car any faster, and it's only going to be cooler to the guys who've never owned a 4 eye, 'cause once you go 4 eye there's no looking back. I'm personally on my 3rd Mustang, and i've helped build/work on over 20, and every single one except the one i have and my buddy's car were all aero nose cars. My first 2 were aero nose cars, and i'd keep this one over both of those. Oddly enough, my second was an '83 that had the same nose as your car has, but the original owner had already done the body swap so i had no choice in the matter (i got it for the built 351W under the hood).

Ok lastly......you could make a pretty good profit off of selling a full aero nose set, especially if it's a GT body kit.....that would go a long way towards go fast goodies...

Ok so i just noticed the pics of your car.....Man you'd be silly for ditchin that nose....that's a BAMF. Sell that nose and whatever else you have and buy a decent paint job and you'll never regret it.

If i didnt have the mods i have in my car, and it wasnt an SSP, i'd trade you straight up....lol

If i could find a '79 coupe....OMG.....i'd probably sell a lung to get it.

I say keep the 79-82 tail lights, I just think they have more of the classic stang style than the 83-93 stangs lights, their lights look like somethin that belongs on an 80s honda civic or something imo.

Yeh I am actually thinking about selling the 90 GT body kit. Its in pretty decent shape, how much you guys think I can get for it?

Attachments

• ygp63A2.jpg
    ygp63A2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 124
  • ygp63A5.jpg
    ygp63A5.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 102
To make it more aggressive, you could get a Xenon air dam or a Pace Car air dam... the Xenon might be better though. Easier to find, cheaper, and it leaves the air dams for the cars that need them.

Well this is an '86 so the nose and tail lights are a bit different from yours, but there's no reason your car can't look this badass. IMO this is just about the sweetest looking Fox car i've ever seen.

attachment.php

BTW, i've seen '87-93 Saleen front lower air dams put on 4 eye cars, and they look so mean it's not funny. I dont know if there's any fabrication that needs to be done since it's basically like a chin spoiler type thing that just attaches to the bottom of your existing bumper, but i'd imagine you can just rivit it on and bondo over the rivits so it's smooth.

monsterstang70 said:
thanks alot!!

no problem.

unfortunately that site does not offer a picture of the '79-'86 air dam but I am 99% sure that it looks like the '87-'93 model that is pictured. really expected it to be harder to find and cost more-but it'll probably be $300+ shipped.