1979 Mustang

Jason_mustang88

Jul 1, 2004
Surrey, BC, Canada
Hello to everyone......

Yesterday I did went to local dealership and did saw 1979 Mustang in person. I noticed this car have foot pedel E-brake! I never seen this before, but I know most of Mustang have console E-brake, is that correct?

Anyone of you ever seen foot pedel E-brake on Mustangs before?

Jason

• Sponsors(?)

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
i dont have a clue on those old stangs -
back in the day, foot ebrakes (and the foot controlled high beam switch - remember those) were common.

possibly a converted car (aod to stick)?

Jason_mustang88

Jul 1, 2004
Surrey, BC, Canada
795.0pacecar said:
A 79 mustang should have the consol one. No matter if it was a stick or an auto.

Alright, I add more information about what I saw '79 Mustang yesterday.....this car have 5.0L 302 V8, automatic transmission, arm rest with 2 cup holder. Also this car have power sunroof! Foot pedel E-brake on '79 Mustangs seem never heard before.

Jason

fvcrew22

Jun 28, 2004
Northwest Florida
I never knew that had foot pedal e-brakes on them. I guess maybe the auto's were different then the manuals. I have a manual '82 5.0 and which has the console e-brake of course.

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
you would not think they would move it - either it comes only on the console or on the floor. think of the extra cost and planning to have e-brakes in two different locations - the factory likes cookie cutter stuff, as much as possible.

either we arent familiar with it, or someone did a hack job, perhaps.