1982 GT front bumper cover. Need info.

Aug 11, 2008
Does anyone have an exploded view of the 79 pace car, or 82 GT front bumper cover/air dam assembly? I need to see what other brackets there are for reinforcement, fog lights, etc. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It's been a while, but on mine i was lucky enough to have a parts car that had all that junk on it. I swapped the bumper over and all because there were minor differences between the '85 bumper and the '82 style, not to mention the '82 was aluminum and weighed half as much. I don't think i've got pics or i'd try to help more. I just seem to recall the bumper was very different...

Thanks guys. So are all 82's even non GT's equipped with the aluminum bumper?

Again, i'm not totally sure but i believe all '79-82 cars had aluminum bumpers...all i know for sure is that all the ones i've seen had them...but there may be some that didn't that i just haven't seen. You should be safe getting a bumper off of any '79-82 car, and it should fit under the GT nose, as the difference is the valance, not the "bumper". I'm pretty sure there are valance supports but i'd have to get under mine and look to verify it.

You may wanna ask around on foureyedpride.com, but be prepared for some flaming unless you tell them you're restoring a GT or Pacecar :nonono:

I see how it all goes together now. I actually went back to the salvage yard today and got the fog light bracket and the splash shield/deflector. I was concerned with getting them, because there doesn't seem to be reproductions. So now he has Everything to do the swap, and it will have all the correct brackets, etc.