1984 LX 5.0 with NO History- Help!

jvore77

Mar 28, 2023
If you are reading this, thank you! I am trying to locate a Ford dealer, as identified by my Marti report as #094 in the Los Angeles area. Now in question is it still in business as my 5.0 convertible was built in 1984. I have no history on this vehicle, and have searched all internet available search engines, such as Carfax, the NICS, the NMVTS, Bumper, Clearvin and Epicvin with no results. The results just show my new registration of the vehicle in March of this year. I do know it has been in the SLC, Utah area for the last 30 years or so, and not driven for the last 20 years. This is a one of one vehicle so the history is a little more important than a high production vehicle, at least to me. Marti report will tell me if I purchase another $300 report, but WTF. If anyone has a report with this dealer identified, I surely would appreciate it, again thanks for reading this post. Jim.

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck on finding the dealer still in business after all of these years.

If you do find the same dealer still in business, and they have records of your car after all of this time go get some lotto tickets!

Got any pictures?

What makes it a 1 of 1?

Maybe the "1 of 1" thing is that drilled down nugget of information that the Marti report comes up with based on all the variable options that were available for a particular car.

This could be it. Marti will break down the options and features to where your car ends up being a 1 of 1.

I mean it’s pretty cool, but also pretty common. My ‘88 is a 1 of 1 based on the Marti report out of 200k built. Doesn’t add value but pretty interesting to think about.

Also, the $55 deluxe marti report tells me my selling dealers name and address. Don’t need the $300 report.

No longer exists but I was able to track some some memorabilia for the car such as dealer affixed emblems and such.

B63CFD78-5AD4-428D-83C3-A62F37AED8F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The 1 of 1 is indeed from my Marti reports, that part is of my interest, the complete lack of history should be of most people.s interest. The Ford registry could not come up with a solution and thought it was weird. Just trying to solve the puzzle. Thanks Jim.
DSCF5923.JPG

This could be it. Marti will break down the options and features to where your car ends up being a 1 of 1.

I mean it’s pretty cool, but also pretty common. My ‘88 is a 1 of 1 based on the Marti report out of 200k built. Doesn’t add value but pretty interesting to think about.

Also, the $55 deluxe marti report tells me my selling dealers name and address. Don’t need the $300 report.

No longer exists but I was able to track some some memorabilia for the car such as dealer affixed emblems and such.

B63CFD78-5AD4-428D-83C3-A62F37AED8F1.jpeg
The basic report does not tell you the dealer anymore, you have to buy the $299 report IMG_1335.jpg for that according to Marti report sales.

You do not need to buy a $275 "elite" report to get the selling dealer name. A $55 "deluxe" report will tell you. What you have bought is the $20 "standard" report and as you can see, it tells you the selling dealer number but not the selling dealer name.

Reactions: 1 users
Like said. That’s the basic report. $20

The $55 deluxe report looks like this and does tell you. This is also the personalized stat report. These are both for my car

Email them and ask if you can pay the difference and upgrade to the deluxe. No idea if they do that sort of thing.

IMG_8772.jpeg
IMG_3475.jpeg

I have the $55 report and it just shows dealer # as posted above
What you have pictured in post #8 above is a $20 standard report. It is not a $55 deluxe report.

If you are getting prices higher than what I have posted, stop buying them from anyone other than Marti directly. For the 1984 model year, the elite report is $275, not $299.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230727_134525_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727_134525_Firefox.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 45