1984 Mustang Windshield Washer question

Im pretty sure that only the 86-89 GT's have the washer fluid reservoir with a sensor and maybe the 94's too but you never know with Ford...The info is never accurate..........LOL.
My 85 has the sensor on the reservoir. It's one of the lights on the "graphic display warning module" (Ford's nomenclature!) at the front of the console. And I'm pretty sure that display was available on the 84's, probably depending on model and/or options. In my 85 Mustang brochure, that display is listed as standard on GT's and hatchback LX's, and optional on 2-door LX's. On the SVO that display is replaced by the fog light and fuel recalibration switches.

• Sponsors (?)

My 85 has the sensor on the reservoir. It's one of the lights on the "graphic display warning module" (Ford's nomenclature!) at the front of the console. And I'm pretty sure that display was available on the 84's, probably depending on model and/or options. In my 85 Mustang brochure, that display is listed as standard on GT's and hatchback LX's, and optional on 2-door LX's. On the SVO that display is replaced by the fog light and fuel recalibration switches.

What color are those wires on your car?

79 and later Capris and Mustangs had a washer fluid level sensor, IF the vehicle came from the factory with a console and warning indicator panel. Not all of them did before 87.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
One terminal wire is light brown (though it could be a 37 y/o faded yellow).
The other terminal has 2 wires going to it.... a black w/pink stripe, and a black w/white stripe, or so it appears.
Again, colors to be taken with a grain of 37 year old salt.
@mercury-man does either plug have these color wires?

Looking at his first pic in post #1, it certainly looks similar. He has a black w/white stripe wire, an orangeish wire (which could be my light brown wire), and another black wire with a stripe (although the stripe doesn't look pink). Combined with the fact that that harness is coming out of the washer pump harness, I'd say that it is the connection for the low fluid indicator. I'm guessing he has an LX hatch that just doesn't have the optional graphic display warning module. At least that would be the case if it was an 85 (per my brochure). I'm assuming 84 is the same as 85.:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user