1985-1986 Mustang NOTCHBACK! HELP

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey, i got the chance to pick up a 1986 4 cyl notchback with an automatic. He parked it out back of his house a couple years ago and never drove it. I did run before. Its in nice condition, some minor surface rust and a dent in the front fender. Not a big deal. Whats something like that worth? And does anybody got any good looking pics of the car? I'm undecided if i want to buy it or not. Im going to buy a 4 eyed stang soon. I always wanted the 4 eyed stang but i ended up with a 91. Which i also love, i've just dumped money into so now i gotta get a new project. I'd probably make it a mean looking lowered street drag car. Just looking for some pics of the stang. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well its baby blue, the interior is in good shape. Just the hood has surface rust, although its so dirty that it could be ground in dirt. And the front fender is dented. He wants 250.00 for it. And im about to buy some new struts and shocks for my car which are 350.00 plus shipping so might just wait and buy that car. i dont know

for that price it doestnt matter, you could buy it and part it out for more than you payed for it. or you could rebuild it if you decided that you want it after all. I picked up my 93 LX for 300 bux and it was a turd. now it's a shiney turd, it's a long process. If you are looking for a new project I would say that you have found one.

or you could just not buy it and give me the address LOL. I picked up my 1986 4cyl 4spd t-top coupe in poor non running condition for 400 and i thought that was a good deal. If you even have to think twice about it for 250 bux then you my sir are CRAZYYY

I paid $400 for my 86 and it was pretty much like the one you're talking about. It was a four banger w/carb troubles a few years ago & had been sitting ever since. I bought it, took it home and promptly gutted it. I'm getting the drivetrain done before I worry about paint, so far I've built my own caliper brackets to fit Wilwoods on the front and rear, put in an '03 Cobra IRS, and added a cage and frame connectors. It's still coming along, but here's what it looks like now:
DSC01153.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01153.jpg
    DSC01153.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 2,012
that 86 is badd!! got any pics of the suspension setup?? I am really up in the air as to the future of my 86. I have a complete 96 interior for it and i was planning on keeping her a 4 banger and throwing in the 2.3T motor i have in the garage. But i have since had a change of heart and think i want to look at a 4.6 again and if that seems to pricey i'll just drop a 5.0 in her. I already have a complete 95 sn95 brake setup, Need a rearend and a tubular K-member. But i have far to go before i get all that together. She needs floor pans, doors, fenders, trunk lid and front bumper cover replaced to be perfect and ready to be a roller again.

250 bucks and your not sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ummm rolling chassis go for double that easily... i say if you auctually like the 4 eyes then get it if i found it i would transform it because i do not like 4 eyes but a body for 250 is a steal!!!!!!!!