Expired 1985 Mustang Convertible Lx 5.0 Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangOhio

Oct 13, 2015
Car for sale is my joy 1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible. This car is a running project car, and should not be considered a daily driver as it sits currently. The car has just under 47K miles, this is documented through the title, it did not flip and now show as 47K miles, it actually has 47k miles. The car is a mid-western Columbus Ohio car with NO RUST. The body is solid, as is the frame and the floors, The Strut Towers too are completely rust free. The car is fairly straight, needing only some body work, the rear bumper cover is knocked, and there are a few parking lot dings and dents. The previous owners from what i know were as follows.. The first owner owned the car until he died, the car was than given to his brother, who gave it to his daughter, who got a series of speeding tickets, before the car was taken away, the car was then put into a storage container on a farm in around 1993, and completely forgotten about until that owner passed away. The car was than given to a friend who was in his 70's and was driven a few times into the garage wall before that family sold the car. The car had some serious cracks on the front clip, which have all been straightened out. While i could have replaced the front clip, i tend to try to fix things if possible so that the car can retain as many original parts as possible. As a result the front clip has been primed, and has not been repainted yet. It might be done before the car sells, as i get a joy out of fixing it, otherwise it will come with the original CL color code paint to paint the front clip. The Interior of the car is nearly mint, The interior has 3 cracks, one in the dash, which should be an easy fix, and there are two seam splits in the drivers and passengers seat. I was quoted 100.00 to fix both from a local upholstery guy here in town. The top is 100% roached, and the car is garage kept, and has not been leaked into.. The top will need to be replaced before the car is driven daily, otherwise keep it how it is and enjoy it on the nice weather days. Mechanically the car is 99% complete. It needs the Oil Pan gasket replaced, otherwise it has a long list of brand new parts, and some just new.. (Difference between 0 miles and 25 miles on them.)

New parts list:
New Bf Goodrich tires (Radial TA White letter) (Not mounted, but are brand new from June)
New Water pump
New timing chain
New Timing chain guides
New timing chain cover
New Belt
New valve cover gaskets (Felt pro)
New Head gaskets (Felt Pro)
New Intake Manifold Gaskets (felt Pro)
New Intake Manifold EdelBrock Air Gap (Original one included)
New ARP Studs for Intake Manifold
New Air filter and housing (EdelBrock) (Original Dual snorkel included)
New Holley 650 Double Pumper (Original Carb was shot, cracked)
New Turbo Mufflers
New Chrome Tips
New Gas Tank
New Fuel Pump
New Fuel Lines
New Clutch
New Flywheel
New Throw out bearing
New Shifter fork
New rear main seal
All fluids are fresh
New Wires
New Plugs
New dizzy cap
New Rotor
New OEM Ignition Pack
Newer radiator

Here is what it needs as per what i know, with any project this list is subject to change at any time..
1. Struts up front
2. Front Ball joints (upper and lower)
3. Front brakes
4. Front Wheel bearings
5. Rear shocks
6. Rear drums
7. Rear shoes
8. Convertible top
9. Window regulators need to be adjusted.
10. Oil Pan Gasket
11. Exhaust Mid pipe needs to be replaced.
Now you can drive it or finish it..
Finish it will require
1. Rear trunk lid needs to be repainted it is orange peeled
2. seats need to be fixed
3. front nose needs to be painted
4. a really good cleaning..

Should be a 7-12K dollar car at this point..

Asking 4500.00 (Have over 6K invested with cost of car)
I won't ship the car, but i will work with you on shipping..
I accept cash.. US Dollars!
I won't give the car away..
Car can be test driven, though i wouldn't drive it far without the oil pan gasket at minimum fixed.
If you are under 18 bring a parent, no joy rides, car is fast.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Images of car 1.

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Stock Intake.jpg
    Stock Intake.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 341
  • New Intake.jpg
    New Intake.jpg