1986 Ford Production Line of Cars

• Sponsors (?)

Where do I get one of these manifolds
IMG_2542.PNG

Reactions: 1 user
I have several of those factory manifolds and I too have never seen that cast into one. The only place I've seen that style top plate personally is an '86 Mustang. Proly was on any of the cars at the time that had that engine in it.

Ive owned two 86 cars and neither had that. Judging from the VIN #’s they were late in the production. Maybe the early ones got those? Pretty cool if they are still around.

Ive owned two 86 cars and neither had that. Judging from the VIN #’s they were late in the production. Maybe the early ones got those? Pretty cool if they are still around.

I ordered my '86 GT in Oct. of '85, picked it up Dec. Obviously it was a very early '86. Don't ever recall seeing the casting on the intake. Pre-production/prototype maybe?

I ordered my '86 GT in Oct. of '85, picked it up Dec. Obviously it was a very early '86. Don't ever recall seeing the casting on the intake. Pre-production/prototype maybe?

Maybe ford decided to shave off those ounces of aluminum, times hundreds of thousands of manifolds, to save a buck before they went to full production.

I think someone hit on the head when they called it a "pre-production" piece.

Any SSP owners in this thread? Government types like having all the pieces and parts affixed with part numbers. Maybe an SSP thing?