1986 Mustang GT Convertible 5spd - 90k orig miles / Stock - Needs Work but easy resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this car on a trade for a Jeep Grand Cherokee (That I had over $2800 into) I had a while back, and I have yet to do anything with it. The previous owner drove it 45 minutes to meet me and drive the Jeep back home. It is a mostly bone stock original 1986 GT convertible factory 5 speed with power windows and cruise control. It has been converted with an 87-93 front nose, and 87-93 GT side skirts and rear bumper... so it looks like a 87-93 GT convertible with 1986 interior. Car is white and painted not too long ago, it has red interior and a primer grey stock hood, and has a nice set of 18" 4 lug wheels. Previous owner told me that the front spindles and brakes have already been converted to 89 and up. It has a much newer top that half way works, hydraulics need to be redone. The car starts right up and runs amazingly well, I 100% truly believe the mileage to be all original, however odometer doesnt work so I cannot assure it is. The car has the smog pump and all factory emissions stuff including factory air box, and I think it even has the stock mufflers and exhaust. It needs a clutch and it appears as if the transmission has never even been out, so another reason I believe the mileage is original, and likely the original clutch. I have not even spent time checking the car over from roof to pavement, inside and out because Ive been soo busy with building my 1991 LX I havent had time. I know it needs weatherstripping, a hood release cable, molding on drivers door is pealing off, needs front end work, power windows work but need work, some interior panels are missing and some are slightly rough but all in all not bad for a 1986. The is a small amount of rust in the spare tire well and a little on the inside bottom of the doors as well as a small amount on the rear inner lip of the trunk lid, but nothing bad. All in all the car is an excellent buy for someone that is looking for an easy and afordable restoration project on one of these. That is the main reason I bought it. The first Mustang I ever owned was a 1986 GT convertible 5 speed and I want another, however I have to be realistic and have come to the conclusion I will likely not have any time or money to build this car while Im already building a blown 331 1991 LX. Ive owned, bought and sold plenty of Mustangs so Im well aware what they go for. Asking $2,500 with wheels the way it sits, and recommend to trailer it home. I would entertain reasonable cash offers but I will not give this car away so dont contact me offering something stupid, I will keep is and restore it before I give it away. Call 919-923-4979 or PM or email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.