• Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• Ignitin switch.jpg
    Ignitin switch.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 54
  • Ignitin switch 2.jpg
    Ignitin switch 2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 49
Hey fellas, It took longer than expected but I posted the ignition switch above but mine was not that far down the column. Someone had replaced the original with the standard bolts as you can see instead of hex screws. This switch basically fell apart as I pulled it so that wasn't helping I'm sure. I still have intermitent wipers on and working constantly without the key in the ignition unless I pull the fuse. The windows still work without the keys also. I'll have to run the wiring down manually it appears.

On a separate note, I came across this relay in the back of the car. There are no numbers on it anywhere other than Ford. Anyone know what it is for?

Attachments

• Relay unknown.jpg
    Relay unknown.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Relay unknown 1.jpg
    Relay unknown 1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 47
That could be the computer relay behind passenger kick panel, or the fuel cut relay located on the passenger side inner fender. It's located in front of the strut tower. If your car is convertible it could be the top motor relay. The fuel pump relay is sometimes green and located under the drivers seat.

Hard to tell just from looking at it. It could be a spare one they just threw back there.

Reactions: 1 users
It might be the fuel cut relay now that you mention it because I found it laying on the inner fender on the passenger side just laying there not plugged into anything. I had brought it in after laying it inside the car. I don't know how it never fell to the ground when I drove it home.

Would this have anything to do with why the engine tries to quit after warming up?

It shouldn't but I had an issue with one that did cause some weird issues when it shorted out.

Reactions: 1 user