1988 LX notchback - Should I Buy?

Toasted123

Feb 1, 2012
Hello,

I've recently found an automatic 1988 LX. Asking price is about 5.5k and has 66k miles. I'm definitely not the most car literate person, but I find these cars very nice and I've always wanted one.

I've read the 'What to look for..' sticky and gathered some useful tips, but like i said, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cars. I don't know anyone either.

It has low miles, and from the pictures, the body looks straight.

Any quick tips for a first time mustang buyer? It's an automatic, so I'm not sure if there's anything specific I should be looking/listening for while test driving.. ?

Any help would be great! I'll continue my research.

If I get a Carfax Report, what kind of things are on it that would be 'bad'?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

if you want an auto then go take a look, sounds okay, mustangs roll over at 100k so its probably 166k becuase if it was a true original 66k mi car it probably would be a bit more. Auto mustangs are very hard to sell, then add no a/c, and red interior and the buyers go down quick.

to swap to a manual is about 1000-1500 bucks . Carfax will just show you how many owners and if the title is clear. If i was going to spend 5-6k on one of these I would make sure to get one your really happy with thats right in the range where you can buy very nice ones

If rather buy a clean AOD than a beat up 5-Spd

Run a carfax and confirm it really is 66k miles. If it is, and the car is clean, I'd buy

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user