It randomly stalls intermentently after driving, its more likely to stall more often later in the evening after being drove throughout the day. It happened while rolling at low idle, and while sitting at a stop light twice this week. I read something about a "halls sensing module", if possible explain where it is..is it the same as a "TFI", I because ive already changed that. All help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Does it restart back up?

Stalling when stopping but restarting could be a few issues. Could be a bad/dirty idle air controller or even a bad VSS sensor. Step 1 is to run the engine codes and see what comes up followed by cleaning your IAC and a base idle reset.

Btw, what is a CFD special edition?

Does it restart back up?

Stalling when stopping but restarting could be a few issues. Could be a bad/dirty idle air controller or even a bad VSS sensor. Step 1 is to run the engine codes and see what comes up followed by cleaning your IAC and a base idle reset.

Ill try to dump codes, i should be able to if it isnt raining today. CFD are carolina ford dealer special edition. They come in oxford white, with red interior 25th anniverssary running on the side special floor mats, a special key chain, and a special piece of paper everyone throws away lol. Carolina ford dealers ordered them due to their high sales.appreciate your. Suggestions

Does it restart back up?

I dumped the codes and got a "11" as far as i know that means all good. Ill clean the idle air control valve just to be sure. Testing key on engine off i got a 18 or a 81.

Last edited:
I dumped the codes and got a "11" as far as i know that means all good. Ill clean the idle air control valve just to be sure. Testing key on engine off i got a 18 or a 81.

You should actually get three 11s

Key on engine off and then Continuous memory.

After you dump those, start the engine and pull the key on engine running codes.

a little muddy, its been raining alot this winter
You should actually get three 11s

Key on engine off and then Continuous memory.

After you dump those, start the engine and pull the key on engine running codes.
It was a few 11 codes in a row. The engine running test was where they came up. The 18 or 81 code i got while engine was off. It shut off randomly again earlier, no further symptoms. I got cleaner today to clean IAC and MAF sensor

Attachments

• 20190223_175032.jpg
    20190223_175032.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 1 users