Electrical 1989 mustang no injector pulse

Getting sick and tired of this car I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm not getting injector pulse. I replaced the pip sensor and the computer but still nothing. I also tested the injectors with a noid light and nothing no pulse. They all have 12v to them as well. If someone can tell me what to look for or try I would really appreciate it

• Sponsors (?)

Will it read any codes if the car hasn't fired up? I just swapped my 5.0 from my 95 into the foxbody and did heads and cam. Also changed from a c4 trans to a t5.

Couldn’t hurt.

Too high of a TPS voltage at idle will disable injector pulse as “flood clear” mode. This would show as a code despite the engine not able to run.

I would check them

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, that is a good indicator of an ECU issue. You’ll want to open the case up and look for leaking capacitors and/or a burned pin 46 trace.

Test for continuity between pin 40/60 and 46. You should have it

Verify your TPS voltage at idle is around 0.5-1.25 volts. Like said, a high TPS voltage will signal the ECU to not fire the injectors as it will think it's in "flood clear" mode.

If you were to pull the codes, this would be a code 63 if this was the case

Reactions: 1 user
Its an 89 mass air car
I haven't messed with the car in some time but I did pull out the eec and its a cw3 computer for an auto transmission and found the circuit board burnt. Would this be the reason why its not wanting to pulse

Attachments

• 20211201_220401.jpg
    20211201_220401.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211201_220336.jpg
    20211201_220336.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 61