1989 MUSTANG RADIO WIRING INSTALL HELP PLEASE

biglg

Mar 13, 2006
I still havent got my car back from the shop. It has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks. So I cant look at the wiring. But I have my wiring harness to connect to the factory harness (it is two pieces, one gray and one black, both thin), and my new head unit. I have looked at wiring diagrams, and have a few questions. Again, I have an 89 gt convt with 6 speakers.

1. First, the HU harness, do I need to connect blue/white amp wire?
2. Secondly, do I need to connect the red and yelow together, or keep them seperate?
3. There are 3 orange wires on my wiring harness that plugs into the factory harness. So, the HU harness wires has an obvious orange/white illumination. The other harness that goes into the factory has 3 orange. It has orange/black says dimmer ground, it has an orange that says illumination dash, it has a orange/white that says dimmer. Which one of the orange wires do I connect to my HU orange/white wire? You would think the orange/white that says dimmer, just to match the color. But the diagram I have says do not use this wire. So do I use the orange, and connect it to the orange/white hu illumination wire?
4. Lastly, HU has 4 sets of speakers wires, how do I wire this since my car has 6?

Again, I dont have my car, and even if I did I might still be lost. I am trying to figure this out, and get all the wiring together I can before I get into the car. Please help me someone

• Sponsors (?)