Engine 1989 mustnag efi to holly sniper swap

Scottybronco

Jan 16, 2019
Bc
hey guys I'm building a 5.0 for my 89 and I've decided to go with a holly sniper fuel injection set up rather than the efi set up... just wondering if anyway has done this do I have to change the distributor? any advice along the way would be appriciated thanks in advance

scotty

• Sponsors (?)

What parts do you currently have for an EFI system? The sniper can only self learn with mild cams with a large cam it will hunt and act funny unless you get in there and manually tune the idle.
There are many other options that dont require purchasing half of what you listed.

Why dont you list what you have, your goals and how the engine is being built. Then i can give you solid advice

What parts do you currently have for an EFI system? The sniper can only self learn with mild cams with a large cam it will hunt and act funny unless you get in there and manually tune the idle.
There are many other options that dont require purchasing half of what you listed.

Why dont you list what you have, your goals and how the engine is being built. Then i can give you solid advice

welll have all the factory efi stuff the car came with

the long block is a aluminum head 170cc with comp 270 hr cam i dint really wanna use the factory Intakes and stuff after spending that amount on the long block.

would like to see about.350 out of the engine

thanks.for any advice never built.an efi engine before

scotty

I appriciate all.the help and advice ..... will all of this.equipment plug and play... ie the mass sensor and will this just fire up and run well without having to tune this? I'm in canada aswell not a ton of stuff like this is available

scotty

Those Holley sniper and others like it are for cars that have a carb and you want to swap to fuel injection, our efi systems have a jump on them with the electronics already there and work with a good amount of bolt ons. Keep it.

hmm i didnt even look at it to be honest with you, I assumed it was for a foxbody... the 4.6l engines are tuned a completely different way.

https://usedautopartsdepot.com/en/l...-injectors-and-granatelli-75mm-mass-air-meter
This one should work out much better for you, it has the injectors and the meter, no guess work. These will feed your engine just fine.

thanks again guys for help... basically my big set back was having to pay a ton to have it chipped and tuned. and :poo: if I have a mass air flow that's calibrated to.the injectors... the things should.run strong iam i correct in thinking that?

No, your combo is not even all that wild to be honest...
Mine has a custom cam 575 lift 224i 236e duration at .05 on a 114lsa. Custom blower setup coil packs ect. Ect. Mine needs a custom aftermarket ECU, yours is a common build type and will run very well with the stock ecu.

20180907_113919-jpg.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users