1990 ford mustang

Jordanfromsuff

Apr 5, 2010
Hey i have a 90 ford mustang gt, just fully rebuilt it. I ran it hard against my buddys chevy, well when i pulled into 7 eleven my oil pressure gauge dropped to zero, i immeditly shut off the motor. Started it back up and it flucated from middle to 0. well i cut it off thought for a secound cut it back on then the oil pressure was fine, drove it home for a mile and oil pressure stayed good. no knock pinging or anything

• Sponsors (?)

I would put a real gauge on it to get a better idea of what is really going on. How many miles are on the new engine? When did you change the oil? What's the current oil level?

it has about 200 miles on it since the rebuild..we checked all tolerances.changing oil tomarrow as per what 3 racing teams said they do with there street engines,im just lost...its reading fine. could it be the pressure sending unit idk were to begin.

Well, it could be the sending unit or another problem. I would still put a real oil gauge on it to see the pressure. Was the oil pump, screen, and shaft replaced? Anyways, do the oil change and get a real gauge on there.