1990 Gt Automatic A9l Computer will it fit a standard?

• Sponsors (?)

Was it a factory auto trans car? If so, you can reuse your A9P if you desire.

A9L's came in manual tranny cars.

There's a slight difference in the way the cranking circuit and the O2 harnesses are wired between the cars, but you can use either EEC with either harness (after rewiring/repinning if mixing and matching).

my mistake. It is a A9P. Can this be used in a standard trans car? How about the harness, is that interchangable between autos and standards? I am not talking about using these two pieces together. I have somebody who wants each piece, and both people have standards. So these two pieces will both be going on standard trans cars. thanks

I was told by the head electronics guru @ Ford Racing tech that on Mass air equipped 5.0 Mustangs, you can use a auto trans computer on a 5 speed car, but a 5 speed computer can NOT be used on an Auto car. He also mentioned to me that actually a little known fact is that the Auto trans computer had just a little hotter tune in it than the manual trans computer. Ive used both in my 5 speed Mustang and they both seem to work the same!

Both puters can be used both ways. The puter doesn't know which trans is connected to it. Do note the difference in the wiring between a factory auto and 5 speed car however.

The A9P has more timing off idle (to accommodate the converter).