1990 Headlights keep going out...fuse keeps blowing.

• Sponsors (?)

S3010230.jpg

check the multi switch...

Attachments

• S3010230.jpg
    S3010230.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 86
WOW, what would cause that? Running too big of fuse? I am going to ask him today if he added anything lately and to make sure it still the stock size fuse in it.

Where is the multiswitch? Is that it in the picture?

THanks for the help fellas.

Is this a GT? If so he's probably running with his foglights on, thats the problem. They draw too much power, causing the thermoprotect in the switch to open, ie your lights turn off. After a while you'll get that roasted harness that bmorris post.

You need to either re-wire the circuit with a heavier guage wire, OR be like me and install relays and take the power directly off of the battery. If you use a relay, you don't have to mess with the wiring in the dash, and you can put the wiring back to stock (dunno why you'd do that, but if you want) fairly easily. I have 3 separate relay circuits for my low, high and fog lamps.

There is no fuse in the headlight circuit (unless its been moddified by someone), check the owners manual. It will tell you about the thermo protect switch located in the head/fog lamp switch.

Paully's5.0 said:
There is no fuse in the headlight circuit (unless its been moddified by someone), check the owners manual. It will tell you about the thermo protect switch located in the head/fog lamp switch.
coulda' fooled me. i wonder what fuse 4 is for, then. :)