1990 Saleen. should i buy?

• Sponsors (?)

IMO, I dont know anything about stang prices in your area but here (In WA) I have seen a couple saleens of various years and molestation statuses(SP) go for a lot less then that. I personally wouldn't pay more then $4000-$6500 and that on the expensive end.

I know its a saleen an all but unless you just have to have it, pay the $1500 for a sweet notch thats undoubtedly floating around CL in your area... its a better deal

But hey... could just be my area.

Kinda depends on the condition of the car I would think.

When you sit in it, are trim peices falling off and broken? If so...i wouldn't buy it. I'm a stickler for stuff like that.

Saleen

The Owner said its in mint condition. He said it has been repainted because the car was used in scca racing til 92. he said to only thing missing is the lower body decals and the original shift knob. I know 8500 is a lot for a foxbody, but would it be worth it?

look theres a guy on here who is rebuilding a futara or whatever , if its what you want then its worth it. but in my opinion it would not be a good investment at all, i would find a cobra in that price range if you want a rare foxbody.

like the guy said above saleens usually go b/t 5-7,500k depending on condition. with new paint and no decals and it being raced would not exite me at all

The Owner said its in mint condition. He said it has been repainted because the car was used in scca racing til 92. he said to only thing missing is the lower body decals and the original shift knob. I know 8500 is a lot for a foxbody, but would it be worth it?

i would still need to see it. can you post pics? i have come to find when looking at mustangs that my definition of mint is not the same as someone else's

Posted via Mobile Device

Yea definitely post pics... Its been raced and it has 75k on it? Has it been rebuilt?

OMG... turned my tv on and the movies Goonies is on, The jock kid is driving a 4 eye GT Vert. :p Thought I'd share...

Be sure you get the Ford VIN and call 800-888-8945 option 2 and verify it's a genuine Saleen and how it was equipped from the factory to compare how it sits now.

Also get the bumper number and I can look the car up in the registry and verify equipment according to that.

Depending on the condition, options, color and other factors, the price seems a bit high, but sometimes sellers are not motivated, and that's okay. If you're looking, there are always bargains out there if you're patient enough.

OMG... turned my tv on and the movies Goonies is on, The jock kid is driving a 4 eye GT Vert. :p Thought I'd share...

its white i believe lol. i noticed that when i was like 12 lol. kid with bandanna on his head an riding his bike with his hand stuck to the car, havent seen that movie in years! ha. sorry for the hijack, had to throw my .02 in this.

keep looking buddy, there are some nice drivers around, I have had great luck with 90-93 cars with black interiors and A/C always get my money back if not more.