Progress Thread 1991 Foxbody K Member Swap

Hey Guys,

I have a 90' fox with a complete Team Z K member and strange coil overs with SVE caster camber plates. I went through and greased everything and torqued everything down and I am still getting clunks on bumps. Its driving me nuts! I checked everything over at least 2 times now and still don't understand what is clunking?
I'd look at the SVE cc plates closely maybe even put the car up stands and jack up a front wheel and drop it to see if you can reproduce the clunk and locate it.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I would also look at the C/C plate and coil-overs themselves.

DO your springs have freeplay if the suspension drops. If the spring rates are high, an the springs short, they can actually come off the perch over big dips leading to a clunk

Reactions: 1 user
I would also look at the C/C plate and coil-overs themselves.

DO your springs have freeplay if the suspension drops. If the spring rates are high, an the springs short, they can actually come off the perch over big dips leading to a clunk
Last time I had my front end in the air, I was tightening the spring to adjust my camber more positive, there was no play or looseness in the coils. I am really leaning towards the CC plates being the issue. Good thought tho, I will check again on that soon.