Electrical 1991 LX

grizlywinkleman

Jul 13, 2010
Hello everyone,

So I am just about as color blind as they come and am getting frustrated trying to fix an electrical fuel issue. Your help is greatly appreciated!

About a year ago my Fuel pump wouldn't run at all. I have a A1000 that I ran the stock FP power line too and grounded it to the battery - in the trunk. I ran it this way for about 5 years with no issues. I replaced the FP relay and nothing changed. I then checked the voltage in the pigtail for the FP relay and everything seemed to check out but the relay did not switch. I noticed that the EEC relay was clicking but not the FP relay. I was then sent to Iraq for a year and am now trying to get caught back up with the issue.

Now I re-ran a new universal FP relay kit and left the old wiring for now. I tapped into my ignition wire and ran it to a toggle switch (at least for now) and hooked up the rest of the kit according to the instructions. The fuel pump now runs non-stop but the engine will only fire up and feel like it is running until I stop cranking.

Is this a no go or is there a way to independently run my fuel pump? Im suspicious that by bypassing the computer for fuel delivery it is unable to run unless the ignition is engaged.

I did this to make things easier and to clean all the confusing electrical out of the trunk area. I could very easily connect the power wire to the wire feeding from the EEC relay to the FP relay. Not sure that will help.

Again, any help is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)