Expired 1992 Mustang Lx 5.0 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutiger93gt

Apr 4, 2006
Up for sale is my very nice 1992 Ford Mustang Lx 5.0. It has the famous 5.0 HO engine and AOD Transmission. I believe the transmission has a shift kit but have no way to verify. If you know anything about fox bodies, 1992 was the last year for forged pistons. In 1993 they went to hypereutectic pistons. The body is in great shape, no major dents and no rust. The previous owner stated that he believed the car was initially a Hawaii car. The interior is red cloth and is in great shape too. I just replaced the passenger side door lock actuator and also put new door clips on both door panels. The rear quarter window motor was also just replaced. The top is fairly new and in great shape. The only interior issue is a small tear on the side of the seat where the cloth and vinyl come together. This is a very common issue with fox body sport seats. The top motor works great and opens and closes with ease. The front brakes, shocks, door light switches, struts and tires are all new. I put $250 (rust hole in exhaust and new inner tie rod) into the car to pass safety inspection. The mustang comes with a valid MO inspection good for 60 days.

When I purchased the car, the passenger door lock did not work, the rear window on the passenger side did not work and the interior lights did not work. The interior lights required two new door switches. I had some left over window motors from another convertible I used to own so I installed a new motor and it works great now. I had to put a new door lock actuator in the passenger door to make the power locks work again. The car is located in Columbia, MO.

DSCN1573_zpse43c5b54.jpg
DSCN1582_zpsf6609b98.jpg
DSCN1541_zpsc86f720c.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.