1993 Cobra grille

Hey guys so i’ve wanted to add a 1993 cobra grille to my 89 mustang for quite some time now and i’ve heard the daniel carpenter insert is the closest to the original one, but i can’t find any that come with the hardware that mounts the grille to the bumper. has anyone installed this one before?

• Sponsors (?)

They all apply slightly differently. The OEM one is the only one I know of that uses an inner bracket to retain the grill.

I have the Cervini's grill insert. It installs with double-stick tape and two screws up top. I decided to not install it partially because I wasn't thrilled with that method.

The DC one looks similar so I wouldn't be surprised to see it mount the same way

yeah i wasn’t too keen on the two screws on the top that’s why i was looking at the DC grille, i don’t know if the kit im looking at has all of the pieces or if it needs an inner bracket and i need to find one

Attachments

• ECA35A4B-B3A1-4146-98E7-4F24B9D8747E.png
    ECA35A4B-B3A1-4146-98E7-4F24B9D8747E.png
    703 KB · Views: 44
Hey guys so i’ve wanted to add a 1993 cobra grille to my 89 mustang for quite some time now and i’ve heard the daniel carpenter insert is the closest to the original one, but i can’t find any that come with the hardware that mounts the grille to the bumper. has anyone installed this one before?
Yup it should have came with a strip of double sided tape. It’s not the greatest and as mentioned I’ve seen ppl screw or use rivets. I did double sided 3m tape. It’s held up fine, at some point whenever I get the car repainted I want them to mold it in so that the it’s all one piece like the old stalker bumper instead of it looking like an insert
09863BB5-8371-4D73-9C44-6931717BBF89.jpeg

Mine is on with double sided tape only. No issues. Don't forget while you are driving the wind/air is pushing the insert into the front bumper, where is it going to go. Not sure what brand mine is (bought it second hand) but it does not have the hole on the top for screws or rivets.

Here’s the OE grill. It’s two pieces and the backside is molded completely different than my repop

CC6C06C9-0300-4A04-8E57-68D0B59187B5.jpeg
3EEE52EB-9214-4D83-BCC4-5731C83ECC67.jpeg
yeah its just two U nuts that bolt them together... You can fab a bracket easy to.clamp it in place with the ford tooling repops or just buy the old stock bracket still floating around., the repop come with two sided tape and are made of a different material then the originals but off a ford mold, there where a couple different part numbers for the original grills...

Guess it just depends on how bad you want to fake a cobra, hardest part is the vin but that doesn't stop people these days. Hell you got guys and shops flipping cheap parts store replacement parts on eBay as rare now like the SKP 93 cobra brake boosters lol.