1994-1995 Cobra Price Range

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure any of us would know unless we recently bought one. But check autotrader or whatever the big used car website is now a days, kellyblue book, or any other source. But the best way is to just get out there and look at a bunch of different cars...if u can even find them. Sometimes u catch a deal...others u gotta give to get what u want.

Either way, good luck!

Oh and if u plan on modding it much, i prefer to save the buying cost and to just get a GT. Since most things(minus cobra emblems, brakes, and a couple other things) will be changed when u mod it. So might as well put that cobra money towards mods on a GT. But, thats just my opinion...:nice:

nmcgrawj said:
Oh and if u plan on modding it much, i prefer to save the buying cost and to just get a GT. Since most things(minus cobra emblems, brakes, and a couple other things) will be changed when u mod it. So might as well put that cobra money towards mods on a GT. But, thats just my opinion...:nice:

i second that, especially if you want to go with something other than the gt40 h/c/i.

i third that...lol....i could have gotten a white 94 cobra w/ black interior, with silver cobra r's, mac catback, and a pro 5.0 shifter for $5800, but i decided to get my GT instead cause it was only $4500, and i like red a lot better than white:D if your gonna be modding the car up anyway, really the only body differences on the cobras vs. the GT's are the front bumper, rear spoiler, and badges....i vote GT and mod the **** outta it:p

Sorry but I have to disagree with the Gt guys on this one, brakes alone are $800.00 to get cobras, the front facia is way better looking, "I" sold my stock gt40 stuff for $750.00 (Heads cam intake rollers pushrods) so my afr stuff only cost me about $1k (heads pushrods RR's timing chain cam intake) . It's just a better car, the engine is basically the same (block) only different valvetrain. Also the tranny cooler and powersteering cooler is a deffinate plus. Here in so cal, you will be looking at $5500 - $11000 depending on the mileage and condition.. I'm going to advertise mine for $10000.00 obo I honestly expect to get around 9k for it.

Ohh and before I get flamed for the $800.00 comment on the brakes, you can get the front brake kit for like $450.00, you also need a new MC for them thats not included in the kit and you need 17in wheels to clear them. so if you dont have the supporting hardware your looking at 800 +.

WHITE94COBRA said:
Sorry but I have to disagree with the Gt guys on this one, brakes alone are $800.00 to get cobras, the front facia is way better looking, "I" sold my stock gt40 stuff for $750.00 (Heads cam intake rollers pushrods) so my afr stuff only cost me about $1k (heads pushrods RR's timing chain cam intake) . It's just a better car, the engine is basically the same (block) only different valvetrain. Also the tranny cooler and powersteering cooler is a deffinate plus. Here in so cal, you will be looking at $5500 - $11000 depending on the mileage and condition.. I'm going to advertise mine for $10000.00 obo I honestly expect to get around 9k for it.

Ohh and before I get flamed for the $800.00 comment on the brakes, you can get the front brake kit for like $450.00, you also need a new MC for them thats not included in the kit and you need 17in wheels to clear them. so if you dont have the supporting hardware your looking at 800 +.

You bring up some good points but i guess it comes down to the specific person. Some may not have the extra initial cost of the cobra...and can save up over time for mods like i did. Either way though, u cant lose:Word:

And for general knowledge, if u search there is a place that includes the m/c for $440 i believe...and GT's can come with 17" tri-bars. And plus, the GT brakes arent THAT bad...they arent really necessary to upgrade unless u autocross or just want some nice looking brakes.(slotted/drilled rotors....painted calipers, etc).

I guess the other thing is that with a cobra u get a faster car sooner rather than later when u have to wait to upgrade your GT. But in the end...we are all in the same boat most of the time.

I bought mine in SO Cal around 2 1/2 years ago. With 92K miles, I bought it off the original owner for $11.5k. At that time all the clean Cobras in the Southwestern US were $11-13K. Even ones with 100,000+ miles on them. Pay no attention to KBB, a car's worth either whatever someone wants to sell it for or whatever someone's willing to pay. IMO the SVT mystique is worth a few extra bucks. Good luck with the search. :flag:

Nik_95Cobra said:
I bought mine in SO Cal around 2 1/2 years ago. With 92K miles, I bought it off the original owner for $11.5k. At that time all the clean Cobras in the Southwestern US were $11-13K. Even ones with 100,000+ miles on them. Pay no attention to KBB, a car's worth either whatever someone wants to sell it for or whatever someone's willing to pay. IMO the SVT mystique is worth a few extra bucks. Good luck with the search. :flag:

Maybe our location played a HUGE role, but i got my GT about the same amount of time back, paid $6500 with 68k miles on the clock. But this is in the area of Detroit, Mi. I agree with KBB being off...but if u have no idea, atleast it can get u in the ball park somewhat.

The best way is to just get out there and find some potential:nice:

nmcgrawj said:
Maybe our location played a HUGE role, but i got my GT about the same amount of time back, paid $6500 with 68k miles on the clock. But this is in the area of Detroit, Mi. I agree with KBB being off...but if u have no idea, atleast it can get u in the ball park somewhat.

The best way is to just get out there and find some potential:nice:

Ya I paid $6500 for my cobra about a year and a half ago with 79k miles. it was bone stock except for some ****ty mufflers. and i had to repair/upgrade a few things on it (like two rims were cracked) after it was all said and done i bet I paid around $7500. but then again i am sure the cars in so cal are takin better care of. I.E. no salt, snow, and i am SURE the roads are better there (****ing potholes)crapola

If your leavin it somewhat stock get the cobra , if you want to mod it alot get the cobra,like stated above.But its all preference. I looked and looked and bought my clean gt about a half year ago with 56k for 4750 my advice is look you will find a good deal.

yeah, my car will make enough power to get me deep into the mid 12sec range with the plans i have without touching the longblock. then when i spray it deep in the 11's. then when i go h/c or FI i will switch to a c-4 most likely. but my initial plans are a tubular front susp, spool and some weight reduction. which will make my car quicker than most guys h/c/i cars with 94-95. of course this will be more of a strip/street car and not a DD. oh yeah and i will be drag racing on stock wheels :D