1994 GT Muffler help

Hey guys I’m new here. I have a 94 GT and wanted to put glasspacks on it. I think the pipe size on my exhaust is 2 1/4. I need to know what all ill need because ive never done this before but I think i can do it myself. Not sure what connectors I’ll need or what degree the muffler needs bent, i believe it comes in 7 and 12. Any help is much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey there friend, welcome. Well, the easiest thing to do is get under the car and have a good look at things and take a tape measure with you. There are glasspacks with offset / angled inlets & outlets that make fitment a bit easier (like this: https://www.jegs.com/i/Cherry-Bomb/...Feq4HQBh0NU8RkLC78qvyd-lGrBPF5HsaAlvJEALw_wcB)

You're going to find the biggest challenge is reusing your existing tail-pipes. If you cut them off as they exit the stock mufflers, it's very near a bend and you won't be able to slip them into a new muffler and clamp them down, they'd need to be welded and that would be shaky at best.

Personally, I don't think you'll be happy with some corner-store glass-packs. They'll rust out and blow out before you know it (the stock exhaust is stainless). You'll be back under there before you know it, and probably dealing with rattles and clunks in the meantime.

I'd go with something like the below. Easy bolt-on installation, will fit well, and give you the sound you're after. They're also stainless. Price isn't too bad either.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/pype...b9yq6xigiVi_b5XsRFsaAp34EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I understand not every 25 year old car is a showcar, perhaps that's more than you'd like to spend, so more power to you either way. But in my opinion exhaust is a pain in the rear. I've fabricated custom pipes out of U & J-bends so I'm not afraid of exhaust work, but for a beginner I'd suggest either a bolt-on system or having a local muffler shop weld your glasspacks in for you - if you know a good one they're usually not all that pricey. You'll probably find it way more frustrating than it looks once all is said and done.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user