1994 idle issues

• Sponsors (?)

That is what I am asking for help on
The only thing I can think of is some type of tuner. I use Tweecer. I saw a video on Youtube using the IAC limiter and it didn't seem to make much difference. The one time I had high idle (before Tweecer), I cleaned and then eventually replaced the IAC to get the idle back to normal, however, it was normal for the idle to hang for a second and then settle back down to stock idle. I had my 95 Cobra since 95 and it always did this in stock configuration (normal operation). When I started using Tweecer and I adjust idle to just drop, it would go below the normal idle and stall for a second and then catch itself (or yo yo affect, if you will). While I like for it to drop, I didn't want the yo you action. I settled on it hanging just a split second and then dropping to idle to keep it steady vs the hard drop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
How long have you owned/driven the car?
Make sure I have this correct; will not idle below 1100 rpms, there is a smog delete chip in the computer couse, well duh! smog deleted, does the chip deal with a high idle too ?
Ever check the timing?

Still having idle issues with my 94 gt stays above 1000-1100 base idle reset won’t do anything and I’m pretty positive I don’t have a vacuum leak pulling 21-23hg of vacuum and have smoke tested and found nothing codes on the car are KOEO 511, 12 KOER 3 and cylinder balance test is 9 thinking of just reattaching my egr to the car to see if it fixes it but I’ve also been told two different things by different people one that the egr is only active during idle and cruise and the other that the egr wouldn’t even affect the idle but I cannot find a solution to my issue

Still having idle issues with my 94 gt stays above 1000-1100 base idle reset won’t do anything and I’m pretty positive I don’t have a vacuum leak pulling 21-23hg of vacuum and have smoke tested and found nothing codes on the car are KOEO 511, 12 KOER 3 and cylinder balance test is 9 thinking of just reattaching my egr to the car to see if it fixes it but I’ve also been told two different things by different people one that the egr is only active during idle and cruise and the other that the egr wouldn’t even affect the idle but I cannot find a solution to my issue
i stuck this on the end of your other thread on this issue so members will not have to ask the same questions over again.
Going over the thread posts, let me give you a direction to go, first get a note pad or take notes on your fone like people do now, conserves paper and stuff.
Having little to no background on this build lets start with basics, check timing, pull chip from ECU check timing again. Note the results here, the results from those readings may give us a direction to go next.
Also any modifications from stock would be helpful,