1995 convertible drivers side window doesn't seal properly

acpowell

May 16, 2018
Michigan
I have a 1995 Convertible that the drivers side window A: goes up 1/4 inch too high and be doesn't seal on the quarter window or the roof. Not really sure how to fix this. The door was replaced around this time last year do to an incident with a deer. I just replaced the regulator/motor and that fixed the window allowing it to move on its own, but didn't resolve any of the other issues which both existed before I replaced the part.
IMG_2522.JPG IMG_2524.JPG IMG_2526.JPG IMG_2527.JPG

I have a small video I will post also. Just trying to get it uploaded. Thanks in advance for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same issue. My problem was the window has 3 limiters glued to the bottom of it. The person at the body shop he hadn't had much luck gluing them back on. He replaced the window glass which has been upgraded to one continuous limit bar on the bottom. It works great now, $206 though. You could try regluing the old limiter, it will be laying in the bottom of the door.

Gorilla glue works great for gluing the limiters back onto the glass. Clean the glass as good as you can, as well as the bracket, wet them both, and apply the glue, holding / taping in place for about a day. Mine's held for ~5 years now.

Sorry I thought I posted the fix already (must of been a different forum). It was the Convertible top screw limiters. There are 2 screws one on each side. Upon investigating I noticed the drivers side one was sticking way further out than the passenger side one. I measure them and made the drivers side match the passengers side then put some blue lock tight on them. The top closes way easier and the window now seals.

That being said I know I have one limiter that came off. I just use Silicone to fix the others. I need to just fix the one that fell.

Hey, acpowell. I came across your post looking for an answer to your problem. I've got a 2000, but the construction of the top is identical. Could you direct me to where those adjustments were made? I've even got the convertible manual and it doesn't mention that anywhere.

Thanks!

Josh

Hey, acpowell. I came across your post looking for an answer to your problem. I've got a 2000, but the construction of the top is identical. Could you direct me to where those adjustments were made? I've even got the convertible manual and it doesn't mention that anywhere.

Thanks!

Josh
When you open the top look at the first hinge. You should see what looks like the threads of a bolt with a nut holding it on. On mine it was only the drivers side that was the issue so I just made sure the drivers side matched the passengers side then I put some thread lock on it. I don't have a picture on me of what it looks like but I found a general area photo on line and I will post it in here. On mine I needed to turn the screw in because it was out to far. It also changed the way the top locked down for a better fit. Let me know if this helps or if you need some real photos. I can take them tonight if you want.

2006-12-31_191841_scan0005.gif