Electrical 1995 mustang cobra

Adams_199

Aug 8, 2016
Maryland
Hello everyone, I have a 1995 mustang cobra that was running about a week ago, but this weekend I changed my headers and exhaust and now when I go to start the car up, the car doesn’t turn over, but the fan turns on as soon as the key is turned on. The car came with a viper alarm but with no remote, and the switch for it inside the car had to be re-wired to work correctly to turn the alarm off. After this I still have no luck with getting the car to turn over.
If anyone has a place for me to start looking to get my car back on the road that would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I would honestly start by removing the alarm and repairing any of the damage that the installer did. Then if the problem is still there we can start fresh and diag from there.

Kris

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Revving up on startup is normal. The cutting off part - I'd verify you're keeping fuel pressure after startup with a fuel pressure gauge. You may have it so that the fuel pump is priming, but not running once it's started. A fuel pump cutoff is often a part of aftermarket alarm systems so I'd suspect continued wiring difficulties.