Drivetrain 1995 Mustang Gt Car Won't Start. And Reverse Light Stay On

Matt Young

Sep 17, 2017
I have a 1995 mustang GT 5.0 auto Trans
I have only had the car for about 2 weeks
When I bought it it would only start in reverse and drive I thought the nutral safety switch was going bad but yesterday I have to try and find a new spot to start it and I got it to start half way between N and R
Drove car today it ran fine and all gears work as they should
Then got in car to go up to the store less than a mile away and it ran good
When I left the store car would not start I started playing with the shifter and got it to start in 1 drove car home and it only had first gear would not shift to any other gear I tried manually shifting it and still jest first pull in to driveway and checked the gear it will shift p r n and drive all work jest want shift out of first gear shut car off in front of garage whent to move it and it will not start now and reverse lights stay on all the time

So I would like to see if anyone has had this issue and see if all this could be related
Thank you
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

I won't 100% guarantee all that is related to the MLP Switch. But that is where I would start.
IMG_2025.JPG

Here's a pic on how to line up the new switch.

Ok got new switch installed car now starts and RAN
I'm sure this is not related but after geting the switch adjusted right car fired right up and ran then died after about 5 seconds of running now fuel pump will not prime when you turn key to on
I have not checked the fuess or relays yet but that is next.
Any ideas

I got car back running it was the fuel pump I gees it died jest at the right time to mess with me so I put new pump in and it runs again

As for the nutral safety switch it fixed the no start issue and the reverse light issue

I have not drove the car yet so I will let y'all know if it fixes the Trans shifting issue

Thank you
Matt

Reactions: 1 users