1995gt Transmission Woes

Blaise805

Oct 22, 2013
Hi This is an on going issue that makes no sense. I have put three transmissions in this car and they all have had the same issue. I thought it was a bad trans issue at first because I have been installing used units. I find it very hard to believe they could all have the same problem especially when the third one was I/m positive was in good shape. This is the problem and all three have acted exactly the same way. They don't seem to use first gear the trans feels like its in second when driving .They don't feel like they go into third while in drive but if you manually downshift it will go into second. The overdrive will not engage but the light works at about 45 mph it feels like second gear to me and if you let off on the gas rpms drop and when stepping on the gas it feels like it does not engage till the rpms come up. What if anything electrical could be causing this I find it very hard to believe three transmissions could act up in the same way .

• Sponsors (?)

Hi This is an on going issue that makes no sense. I have put three transmissions in this car and they all have had the same issue. I thought it was a bad trans issue at first because I have been installing used units. I find it very hard to believe they could all have the same problem especially when the third one was I/m positive was in good shape. This is the problem and all three have acted exactly the same way. They don't seem to use first gear the trans feels like its in second when driving .They don't feel like they go into third while in drive but if you manually downshift it will go into second. The overdrive will not engage but the light works at about 45 mph it feels like second gear to me and if you let off on the gas rpms drop and when stepping on the gas it feels like it does not engage till the rpms come up. What if anything electrical could be causing this I find it very hard to believe three transmissions could act up in the same way .

Update maybe someone can confirm . I was reading and it appears that the transmission is in limp home mode due to a shift solenoid failure in this case I believe it will be a wire that supplies power to shift solenoid two which puts the trans in second gear so you can limp home.