Expired 1996 Mustang Gt $3,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

FivePointO

Sep 29, 2009
NY
1996 Mustang GT

I bought this car with the idea of making it my summer project but I just do not have the time or money to proceed as planned; so here it is up for sale…..

4.6L V8
5spd Transmission
A/C blows cold
Power windows, locks, mirrors, tilt, and cruise

Interior: The interior was factory gray, however I have converted everything to black with the exception of the dash. Parts include:
-New black carpet from LMR (Late Model Restoration),
-New MMR rear seat delete,
-New scuff plates from LMR,
-Power leather seats,
-Door panels/center console/rear panels/kick panels/and other misc parts/panels from a donor vehicle.

Exterior: The car is Lazer Red and is pretty decent for its age…It does have some dings, small dents, and scratches. One of the previous owners appears to have replaced the driver’s side door and rear quarter panel for whatever reason, the paint looks good but you can easily notice where they did not blend it correctly; I would have painted the whole car.
*The body, rockers, and floor boards are all very clean and rust free. There is some rust at the pinch joint on the strut towers & minimal rust in other spots on the chassis.

The Good: A pretty darn rust-free car for being in NY, great platform for someone who has the time and energy to spend. Car is stock with the exception of a K&N filter kit; even has the stock exhaust; the car runs amazing and sounds healthy.

Car does need some TLC & little things here and there. I did notice a grind in 3rd gear at higher rpm’s and the fuel pump is starting to whine a bit. The odometer reads 127K however, the car did have a set of 3.93 gears when I bought it with an un-corrected speedo gear. (this has been fixed as stated below)

Things done within the last month include:

-Fresh oil/filter change
-Trans fluid change
-Coolant flush
-New rear brake calipers/rotors/pads
-Parking brake cables, and fresh brake fluid
-Rear-end fluid, stock gears/shims, and axle seals also replaced.
(I have the receipt for all the work done).

-Brand new headlight and marker kit from LMR
-Brand new 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels with tires
*All work and new parts have less than 40 miles on them*

Parts not installed but included:

-BBK off-road X-pipe with O2s & MIL eliminators
-Clear marker lights, new in box
-Stock strut tower brace
-Misc clips, screws, and small interior parts/pieces
-Stock speakers & speakers from a 96’ Cobra w/ Mach 460 system(speakers only)

I have a clean and clear title in my name; Inspected until March 2013.
I am sure I am forgetting a few things. Any questions please feel free to ask.
I would like to get $3,000 for it. It has that in parts alone.
Here is a link to my CL add with pics: http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/3175636419.html
I am also interested in trades. I also have tons more pics through e-mail.
[email protected]
Thanks for looking!

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.