1996 Mustang GT With Side Exhaust

I have a Black 1996 Mustang GT and I am thinking about putting the side exhaust on it, similar to the BOSS. Any comments on that I was worried about the paint fading around the exhaust pipe, or any ideas where I can buy the parts to do it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought mine thru the Ford racing catalog. It was like $540(I got a little discount for knowing the sales guy). It comes with Borla stainless steel mufflers and way cool polished tips. The tips are double wall so the hot inner tube never comes in contact with the urethane skirt you bond to your car body. My car is white, and there has not been ANY affect from heat or exhaust gasses. The tips also designed where the exhaust pipe splits into 2 smaller pipes that you see protruding about 1/2 inch thru the skirt opening. These are whats polishes to a chrome like shine. Very classy looking.

I have the borla side exhaust with the SVO side skirts...they where put on it 96 at the dealer before the car was purchased...still no fading. I love it! Here is a pic if you wanna see it

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 146
Well like i said everything was done at the dealership before the owner took dealivery so i have no idea where they got it from. As for the fill in...i took it to a vinyl graphics place by me, they mostly do imports, but the guy made me some decals that fit perfect. He even put them on for me cause he said he was tired of seeing imports, hes a ford guy :nice: It only cost me $15 to have em done. He used tracing paper and a crayon to get the fitiment and just some trial and error to get em right. Hope that helps...if you decide to do it let me know and i can have them guy run off another set. He kept the template on the computer so its all good.