1997 4.6 Super charger help needed

Dylan Cole

May 15, 2016
Hey everyone I'm looking into super charging my 97 gt and wondering if anyone can recommend a good and cost effective company to buy one from. Also if you have any advice or tips as to what to get where etc. Please comment.

I currently have a CAI, cat delete, x pipe, and flow master mufflers.

And tuned for such ^

Kenne Bell has nice twin screw super chargers but they are expensive. For the price you get everything you need. No guess work. Every single part including fuel injectors and a computer chip with tune. The instructions for the install are easy to follow and the gains are impressive.

Reactions: 1 user
Know anywhere to purchase one? I looked but couldn't find

For a Kenne Bell supercharger you have to go directly to them.

KenneBell.net

http://kennebell.net/products/super...-supercharger-kit-mustang-46-26-28-1996-2004/

If you buy one, don't go cheap and exclude the inter-cooler. Those things get hot so you will need to use an inter-cooler. When I mentioned that it came with everything, if I remember correctly, I did have to buy a larger throttle body. Stock is 65 mm and I put in a 75 mm.

Btw, one great thing about a Kenne Bell is you can change the size of the pulley for a different boost. Mine came with a 9 psi pulley but I can bump it up to 14 psi.

Reactions: 1 user
By going with the kennebell I would have to swap my heads.. any recommendations?

Cheapest just to put a vortech or pro charger on those years. Pro charger will come with an a/a intercooler and vortech you can get the kit with a/w intercooler or get the cx racing a/a intercooler kit.

Know anywhere to purchase one? I looked but couldn't find
You can also get them from TPS Motorsports. They offer 12mo/0% financing! If you call em ask for Mike Mac and tell him i sent you his way!! I got mine from him a few months ago and just installed it last month...still got a stupid grin on my face when im driving..haha..