1997 4.6 Super charger help needed

Dylan Cole

May 15, 2016
Hey everyone I'm looking into super charging my 97 gt and wondering if anyone can recommend a good and cost effective company to buy one from. Also if you have any advice or tips as to what to get where etc. Please comment.

I currently have a CAI, cat delete, x pipe, and flow master mufflers.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everyone I'm looking into super charging my 97 gt and wondering if anyone can recommend a good and cost effective company to buy one from. Also if you have any advice or tips as to what to get where etc. Please comment.

I currently have a CAI, cat delete, x pipe, and flow master mufflers.
And tuned for such ^

Kenne Bell has nice twin screw super chargers but they are expensive. For the price you get everything you need. No guess work. Every single part including fuel injectors and a computer chip with tune. The instructions for the install are easy to follow and the gains are impressive.

Reactions: 1 user
Kenne Bell has nice twin screw super chargers but they are expensive. For the price you get everything you need. No guess work. Every single part including fuel injectors and a computer chip with tune. The instructions for the install are easy to follow and the gains are impressive.
Know anywhere to purchase one? I looked but couldn't find

For a Kenne Bell supercharger you have to go directly to them.

KenneBell.net

http://kennebell.net/products/super...-supercharger-kit-mustang-46-26-28-1996-2004/

If you buy one, don't go cheap and exclude the inter-cooler. Those things get hot so you will need to use an inter-cooler. When I mentioned that it came with everything, if I remember correctly, I did have to buy a larger throttle body. Stock is 65 mm and I put in a 75 mm.

Btw, one great thing about a Kenne Bell is you can change the size of the pulley for a different boost. Mine came with a 9 psi pulley but I can bump it up to 14 psi.

Reactions: 1 user
For a Kenne Bell supercharger you have to go directly to them.

KenneBell.net

http://kennebell.net/products/super...-supercharger-kit-mustang-46-26-28-1996-2004/

If you buy one, don't go cheap and exclude the inter-cooler. Those things get hot so you will need to use an inter-cooler. When I mentioned that it came with everything, if I remember correctly, I did have to buy a larger throttle body. Stock is 65 mm and I put in a 75 mm.

Btw, one great thing about a Kenne Bell is you can change the size of the pulley for a different boost. Mine came with a 9 psi pulley but I can bump it up to 14 psi.
By going with the kennebell I would have to swap my heads.. any recommendations?

Cheapest just to put a vortech or pro charger on those years. Pro charger will come with an a/a intercooler and vortech you can get the kit with a/w intercooler or get the cx racing a/a intercooler kit.