Cai, Exhaust, Pulley Or New S/c?

Supp22

Sep 30, 2017
Hello, I just purchased this stock 2008 Roush Trak Pak, amazing that in 2008 the car did not get a CAI, considering the Roush package on this car cost $31000.
I'm thinking I initially would like to do a CAI, something with the exhaust, a pulley change, and a tune.
The car has cats, an H pipe, and the axle back Roush mufflers, it sounds okay but I want to try and get a deeper, throaty, louder growl.
The car will be registered and spend a lot of time in a state that does not require emissions, someone mentioned to me to have the honeycomb interior of the cats knocked out, that alone would increase the sound, thoughts on that?
Or would most recommend leaving the cats alone or deleting them completely?
I would like to consider headers but somebody told me this interesting Theory, is it true? They said headers are good for adding high-end horsepower, but not low-end torque, that stock manifolds will give you more low-end torque than headers, true-false?
I'm interested in more torque than horsepower.
I'm guessing that a system designed and made in 2008 is considered old and a lot has changed since then. I've listened to the new Roush extreme performance exhaust video online that uses resonators instead of mufflers and I really liked that sound, and I'm guessing that the car had stock manifolds and cats. So should I do headers or not? Should I keep the cats or delete them? Should I leave everything as it is and just get the new resonators and see what happens? What is everybody else out there using when they want a low deep growl? I'm not opposed either of doing a full exhaust system if people have some good opinions of systems they've used.
Along with that may I have your opinions on which CAI to get?
Seems that there's a lot of people out there changing their pulleys from the stock setup, again my goal is more low-end torque than high-end horsepower, someone mentioned to me that I should consider changing the crank pulley instead of the supercharger pulley to get more torque, What is everybody's opinion and Truth on that subject of pulley change? Also, someone suggested I would get a lot more bang for my buck in the long run to just upgrade the M90 S/C with a new VMP 1.7L TVS, What's the thoughts on that route?
Also, I hear of people changing their thermostats, can someone tell me why and should I do that?
In a couple of the pictures that I'm going to attach you can see where the exhaust goes up over the axle, there's a pretty good kink in the pipe, is that just how it was done in 2008? or is it still that way today? I was under the impression you wanted your exhaust to flow as unobstructed as possible, will I need to get a new full exhaust to fix that?
Anything else that is recommended that is not an in-depth motor mod?
Thanks, Everyone.

Attachments

• 20170925_110421.jpg
    20170925_110421.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 124
  • 20170925_110424.jpg
    20170925_110424.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20170926_203714.jpg
    20170926_203714.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • Sponsors (?)

Well... It looks as if you've got nearly all the boy-racer / bad internet tech mods listed.

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you're here asking questions instead of butchering the car with bookface mods.

:welcome:

I'll begin your thread my mentioning that your exhaust is a tuned-exhaust. You should monkey around with unless you're monkeying around with it as a complete system. The MOST you should do to your exhaust without research data to back it up is a cat-back. Otherwise, you should be looking for a complete exhaust solution and not just pieces and parts. The wrong exhaust can just as likely to kill performance as enhance it and many folks end up going the wrong way.

Reactions: 1 user
TVS or Kenne Bell supercharger..............and done. Either supercharger kit will come with it's own CAI tuned for that particular kit. Changing the mufflers will change the sound, with no changes to tune. Replacing the entire exhaust system would require a change in tune.

Reactions: 1 user
Well... It looks as if you've got nearly all the boy-racer / bad internet tech mods listed.

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you're here asking questions instead of butchering the car with bookface mods.

:welcome:

I'll begin your thread my mentioning that your exhaust is a tuned-exhaust. You should monkey around with unless you're monkeying around with it as a complete system. The MOST you should do to your exhaust without research data to back it up is a cat-back. Otherwise, you should be looking for a complete exhaust solution and not just pieces and parts. The wrong exhaust can just as likely to kill performance as enhance it and many folks end up going the wrong way.
Thank you.

TVS or Kenne Bell supercharger..............and done. Either supercharger kit will come with it's own CAI tuned for that particular kit. Changing the mufflers will change the sound, with no changes to tune. Replacing the entire exhaust system would require a change in tune.
Thank you

What's the difference
Who's using what and why?
Car is registered in a no-emission state, I heard to use high flow cats regardless, they can help with exhaust/gas odor??
I have cats, H pipe, and axle back Roush mufflers at moment, the car is too quiet for me.
I like more of the deep muscle car sound.