1997 GT rear brakes

cahastings

Aug 2, 2008
1) I just got my rear brakes done - thanks to Stangnet for help with compressing those pistons
2) WTF!?!? I hope that whoever designed that system is forced to replace rear brakepads for eternity when he goes to hell.

• Sponsors (?)

2) WTF!?!? I hope that whoever designed that system is forced to replace rear brakepads for eternity when he goes to hell.

It's actually pretty common design for cars that use a caliper as the e-brake.

You should try changing a rear disk on a vehicle that uses a internal drum brake as the parking brake. Sometimes the rotors don't come off.

94+ Mustang brakes are actually a very good design and easy to service

It's actually pretty common design for cars that use a caliper as the e-brake.

You should try changing a rear disk on a vehicle that uses a internal drum brake as the parking brake. Sometimes the rotors don't come off.

94+ Mustang brakes are actually a very good design and easy to service

My wifes's Mitsubishi Eclipse is like that. It wasn't to difficult to work on it. It did take the use of a rubber hammer to get the rotors to break free. Pearl02.

i have the tool from MATCO that you use a ratchet with. works really well. i prefer the system that mustangs use to the drum in disc design. the ultimate setup is what i have on the volvo because i can just pull the pads out the top and never take the caliper off, especially with my brembo caliper piston retractor tool.

the only real downside to the e-brake style on the mustangs is that you cant use the e-brake after a hotlap session, the pads will melt onto the rotor.