Expired 1997 Mustang Cobra Convertible: Second Owner, Excellent Condition, Modified, 44,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlefever1

Feb 6, 2015
1 Ladder View 1a.JPG

Image album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99213261@N08/sets/72157648338469564/

This Cobra is one of 377 manufactured in 1997 with Pacific Green exterior, tan convertible top and interior. Pacific Green was only available on the Mustang Cobra in 1997. This Cobra has had two owners. Both owners were over 40 years old and non-smokers. I have owned the car for the past 12 years. Clean history with no wrecks or accidents, original paint, original interior with no tears on any of the seat leather.

Major modifications include the Vortec supercharger, Tremmec 5-speed transmission and the Kenny Brown “Level 5” suspension. I have every receipt for all work that was performed. I also have all the original SVT documentation including the window sticker. The wheels are Ford factory original 2000 Cobra “R” 18x9’s. Goodyear tires were purchased new in 2013. Front tires are 255/45/R18 and rear tires are 285/40/R18.

The engine was replaced in 2005. At some point in the car’s history, a small piece of material that appeared to be 3M Scotchbrite somehow entered into the intake. Eventually the material worked its way into the rings and valves. Pieces of the material were recovered from the oil pan. So the engine has only about 15,000 total miles. The engine has been dyno tuned at 422 RWHP from JD’s Performance in Huntington Valley, PA.

Modifications include:

· Vortec V1 polished supercharger

· 42 lb. fuel injectors

· Tremmec 3550 5 speed transmission with Pro 5.0 shifter

· Kenny Brown “Level 5” chassis support package including chrome strut brace, sway bar, jacking rails & adjustable rear control arms

· Steeda 4 point roll bar

· Moser axles – 31 spline

· Miximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates

· SLP High Flow catalytic converter H pipe

· Dynomax mufflers

· New factory Ford 2001 Mustang “Bullitt” springs installed 2012

· KONI shocks – rear shocks replaced in 2011

While the car is well equipped for any track, I have never driven the car competitively. I decided not to do this because the car was just too nice for track use. I am selling this car because I simply have lost interest and I have college tuition bills to pay for my kids.

The car has only one known problem. The alarm will occasionally signal when locked. It’s an electrical problem that I never really tried to resolve since the car can still be locked without the use of the alarm. All blemishes in the paint can be seen in the photos that I have attached.

Asking price = $12,500. No trades will be considered. Located in Jacksonville, Florida

• Sponsors (?)

1 Ladder View 1a.JPG

Image album:
1997 Mustang Cobra - an album on Flickr

This Cobra is one of 377 manufactured in 1997 with Pacific Green exterior, tan convertible top and interior. Pacific Green was only available on the Mustang Cobra in 1997. This Cobra has had two owners. Both owners were over 40 years old and non-smokers. I have owned the car for the past 12 years. Clean history with no wrecks or accidents, original paint, original interior with no tears on any of the seat leather.

Major modifications include the Vortech supercharger, Tremmec 5-speed transmission and the Kenny Brown “Level 5” suspension. I have every receipt for all work that was performed. I also have all the original SVT documentation including the window sticker. The wheels are Ford factory original 2000 Cobra “R” 18x9’s. Goodyear tires were purchased new in 2013. Front tires are 255/45/R18 and rear tires are 285/40/R18.

The engine was replaced in 2005. At some point in the car’s history, a small piece of material that appeared to be 3M Scotchbrite somehow entered into the intake. Eventually the material worked its way into the rings and valves. Pieces of the material were recovered from the oil pan. So the engine has only about 15,000 total miles. The engine has been dyno tuned at 422 RWHP from JD’s Performance in Huntington Valley, PA.

Modifications include:

· Vortec V1 polished supercharger

· 42 lb. fuel injectors

· Tremmec 3550 5 speed transmission with Pro 5.0 shifter

· Kenny Brown “Level 5” chassis support package including chrome strut brace, sway bar, jacking rails & adjustable rear control arms

· Steeda 4 point roll bar

· Moser axles – 31 spline

· Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates

· SLP High Flow catalytic converter H pipe

· Dynomax mufflers

· New factory Ford 2001 Mustang “Bullitt” springs installed 2012

· KONI shocks – rear shocks replaced in 2011

While the car is well equipped for any track, I have never driven the car competitively. I decided not to do this because the car was just too nice for track use. I am selling this car because I simply have lost interest and I have college tuition bills to pay for my kids.

The car has only one known problem. The alarm will occasionally signal when locked. It’s an electrical problem that I never really tried to resolve since the car can still be locked without the use of the alarm. All blemishes in the paint can be seen in the photos that I have attached.

Asking price = $11,500. No trades will be considered. Located in Jacksonville, Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.